Changing address + Reinstating after closing an invoice/closed bill

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello Mews Community!

Hope you are doing great 😁

At the moment we are working on enabling you to change the address on an invoice/closed bill. We know that at the moment it is a difficult procedure, including working with the rebate functionality. 

Currently, we are looking to fully automate this for you, so that a front desk agent solely needs to worry about the correct address, and not the accounting mystery that goes behind it. 

We have already spoken to accountants in various legal environments to make sure that the proposal is compliant with legal entities such as Germany, Italy, etc. So no worries, we will not exclude anyone to use this eventually 🤗

We are not yet ready to start the beta program (YET - I will update this conversation once we are!), but I would love to speak to a couple of front desk agents/front office supervisors to show our plans, and make sure that what we would like to propose makes their lives as easy as possible. 

Please feel free to leave a comment if you are/your colleague is interested in speaking to us early next week. 

Looking forward to hearing! 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

99 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink , 

Golden Tulip Keyser’s Front Office Manager is available for a conversation!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink , 

Golden Tulip Keyser’s Front Office Manager is available for a conversation!

Hi @Milou ,

Long time no speak, hope you had a wonderful vacation! 

That would be wonderful. I will reach out to you in a private message :) 

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi Nienke, 

this is a very important feature for our properties. We are ready to give you some feedback & happy to jump on a call with you

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Linus.Bihn ,

Great to hear you see as much value in this functionality as we are! I will send you a private message to schedule a call :D 

Thank you! 

Nienke

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

dear @Nienke Wilbrink,
if we can be of any assistance please let us know. Hotel St Pol Knokke-Zoute Belgium.

Gr Robin 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@barb00sa ,

Thank you for your reply! It would be great if we could speak to one/two front office employees who would interact with the rebating functionality if that would be possible. 

I will send you a private message :D 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Userlevel 3

Good morning @Nienke Wilbrink ,

If you need information from members of the Casselbergh® Group, we are happy to assist.

Kind regards,

Egon Lagrou

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Egon Lagrou ,

Thank you for offering your help!

I would love to speak to someone at your properties who regularly manages bills and so as well is making address changes to closed bills and invoices. This could be for example a front office supervisor. 

Would that be possible preferably early upcoming week? 

Looking forward to hearing! 

Nienke 

Userlevel 3

@Nienke Wilbrink ,

Both our Front Office Manager and Asisstant Front Office Manager are available next Monday.
Preferably meeting in the late afternoon. Is that possible for you?

Kind regards,
Egon Lagrou

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Egon Lagrou ,

I will reach out to you in a private message :D 

Warmest, 

Nienke 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

happy to help out. Can you send me a private message? :)

Greetings,

Eric

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

happy to help out. Can you send me a private message? :)

Greetings,

Eric

Hi @Eric Kröll ,

Sure thing! Thank you so much :D 

Nienke 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

I’m definitely open to discuss this further :-)

Regards,

Matthias

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

I’m definitely open to discuss this further :-)

Regards,

Matthias

Hi @MatthiasH ,

That would be wonderful! I will send you a private message to discuss further details :) 

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 4

very important feature, feel free to contact me

cheers

Christian

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @MatthiasH @Eric Kröll @Egon Lagrou @barb00sa  @Linus.Bihn @Milou, @Mariusz Siwkowski  and others,

Thank you so much for your and your team’s input on this topic! It has been extremely helpful :) 

We have already went ahead and applied your feedback to the design. Would you please be able to take a look at this video of the updated design and let me know what you think? 

Main change:

• Enabling changing company details when changing billing address. 

I also have a couple of follow up questions I would love to get more insight into:

1. Is there need for the review screen after changing the address/company details? If so, why?

Which address should appear on the credit note, old or new? We assume there might be a chance of that the original bill address theoretically could be removed or changed in the meanwhile.

1. I would love to hear how you would prefer the payment to look on the credit note to indicate clearly that no refund will be done, but that the payment is still indicating to be credited. 
  2. Same for the new invoice, the payment will be shown at the moment as paid. Would you agree that that is the correct way?
  3. In case of multiple payments (Eg. cash and card) Should we a use single payment (saying payment) or multiple payments (cash and card, as per current design) for credit note/correctional bill?
  1. Should the Unique Identifier and Purchase Order Number for all 3 invoices be the same, or Unique?

Feel free to forward this to your Accounting and Front office teams, I would be grateful to receive their thoughts and feedback on this, as I found the previous insights provided invaluable. 

Looking forward to hearing from you :) 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink ,

First of all, thank you for listening to our feedback.

Please find below our feedback and some general comments.

1. Is there need for the review screen after changing the address/company details? If so, why?
    1. There is no need for us to show the review screen again, as you’ve already reviewed the details when updating them.
  2. Which address should appear on the credit note, old or new? We assume there might be a chance of that the original bill address theoretically could be removed or changed in the meanwhile.

1. As a credit note should have the exact same invoicing details as the original invoice, the old address has to be used (legal requirement).

3. I would love to hear how you would prefer the payment to look on the credit note to indicate clearly that no refund will be done, but that the payment is still indicating to be credited. 
    1. For this we suggest to not show the payment on the bill (as in your preview). Instead, display a message indicating that this credit note was issued per guest request to update the billing details and that a new invoice will be issued.
  4. Same for the new invoice, the payment will be shown at the moment as paid. Would you agree that that is the correct way?
    1. Here, we would mention the payment again; however, please use the original date of the payment and not a new date as in your video.
  5. In case of multiple payments (Eg. cash and card) Should we a use single payment (saying payment) or multiple payments (cash and card, as per current design) for credit note/correctional bill?
    1. To keep the paper trail as clearly as possible, we suggest keeping the multiple payments mentioned on the corrected bill.
  6. Should the Unique Identifier and Purchase Order Number for all 3 invoices be the same, or Unique?
    1. Both should be the same on both invoices. However, we suggest that you can change / add them in a same way as chaning the address.

Furthermore, we want to give the following extra feedback.

• Remove the consumed date entirely on the bills/invoices. This isn’t a requirement as only the taxation dates counts.
  • Don’t mention the original bill number on the new, corrected invoice.

Hope this helps,

Matthias

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink ,

thanks for the oppurtunity to give some feedback to this important new feature. Please see the answers to your questiions below in blue + additional comments that i sent via mail with screenshots to you.

No we do not need to review this page. As this was checked already before
  1. Which address should appear on the credit note, old or new? We assume there might be a chance of that the original bill address theoretically could be removed or changed in the meanwhile.

It should indicate the original address of the corrected bill so the old Adress
  2. I would love to hear how you would prefer the payment to look on the credit note to indicate clearly that no refund will be done, but that the payment is still indicating to be credited. 
    It looks good as it is. But we prefer that the card type (in this case Amex) is also mentioned on the credit note.
  3. Same for the new invoice, the payment will be shown at the moment as paid. Would you agree that that is the correct way?
    Yes
  4. In case of multiple payments (Eg. cash and card) Should we a use single payment (saying payment) or multiple payments (cash and card, as per current design) for credit note/correctional bill?
    Same as #2. It should display the original payments. So in your example cash+card
Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Linus.Bihn and @MatthiasH ,

Thank you both ever so much for your swift reply and your invaluable feedback! 

I will take your feedback to the team and make sure to treat it accordingly :) 

Warmest regards,

Nienke 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

nothing more to add. Gotta agree with Linus and Matthias.

Regarding question number 3, we would also like to have the card type mentioned on the credit note.

Greetings,
Eric

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Eric Kröll ,

Thank you for your feedback and confirmation of the above statements. Extremely useful. 

I will make sure we will comply with your needs as much as possible! 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 4

Hi Nienke,

we’re so happy that this feature finally is coming. We can’t wait to use it! That will make things so much faster and better. My team will freak out! How long will it take to release? count me in for beta please

Not for us. 
  1. Which address should appear on the credit note, old or new? We assume there might be a chance of that the original bill address theoretically could be removed or changed in the meanwhile.
    It should indicate the original address of the corrected bill so the old Adress
  2. I would love to hear how you would prefer the payment to look on the credit note to indicate clearly that no refund will be done, but that the payment is still indicating to be credited. 
    It looks good as it is. But we prefer that the card type (in this case Amex) is also mentioned on the credit note.
  3. Same for the new invoice, the payment will be shown at the moment as paid. Would you agree that that is the correct way?
    Yes
  4. In case of multiple payments (Eg. cash and card) Should we a use single payment (saying payment) or multiple payments (cash and card, as per current design) for credit note/correctional bill?
    All the original payments seperate
Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi all! 

Hope you’re doing well. Once again, thank you ever so much for the extremely valuable feedback provided on my questions above. We have taken your feedback on the Address change flow and changed it slightly.

One question I would like to ask, would you agree the order is correct: Guest details - Company details?

Of course, always happy to hear any other thoughts you have on the following:

Looking forward to hear! 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

This looks great. For us it would make sense to have the company details first and then the guest details, as the most requested change is to add company details to an invoice.

Perhaps someone else has a different idea?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @MatthiasH @Eric Kröll @Egon Lagrou @barb00sa  @Linus.Bihn @Milou@Mariusz Siwkowski, @c.rex  and others,

Hope you are all doing great! 

I would like to inform you that within the upcoming 2 weeks, we would like to slowly start Demo testing. The feature is not ready yet, and there’s a lot of developing work to do still; however, I would love to already hear some of your feedback when clicking through the feature. 

Please let me know if you would be interested in doing so :) 

I will make sure to provide some testing steps when closer to date. The testing will mainly involve testing of the steps and reporting of products, payment and revenue. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke