Skip to main content

Beta Program: the New Guest Portal is here

At Unfold, we unveiled our vision for a connected guest experience and today we are excited to launch the ✨ New Guest Portal ✨ in BETA.

What’s in it for you?

• A beautiful design with more room for your brand & property imagery,

• A chain-centric portal for your guests (guests will no longer see any bookings in properties from other chains in the same portal),

• A more intuitive guest journey + a small but mighty tweak to collect better telephone numbers with country codes,

• A single-trip view showing all reservations in one place (i.e. room + parking + meeting room).

Join the BETA to shape the future of the Mews Guest Experience with your feedback.

What will guests see?

• Guests will be invited to complete their online check-in or to visit the guest portal just like they are today for the “old” portal. They simply need to click to get started.
  • The Online Check-in flow has been revamped for an easier navigation.
  • The new Homepage presents all relevant details about the trip, contact information for your property and more.
  • The Online Check-out flow has not changed… yet 😉.

Is my property eligible?

We are still working on adding functionalities in the new portal, for now some steps are missing (and will soon be added back):

• Offering the option to skip cleaning with the Hotels For Trees integration,
  • Upselling extra services, including hourly services, during online check-in,
  • Cancelling a reservation directly from the guest portal,
  • Giving guests the option to pay early during online check-in instead of on schedule following the automated payment schedule in place.

nEDIT - July 2024]  We are now collecting details from the main guest as well as all companions in countries where this is a mandatory requirement.

How can you get started?

• Reply to this thread with the property you would like to add to this BETA and I’ll get in touch to make it happen.
  • The BETA is open to properties who are already using the Guest Portal today or those who want to give it a try.
  • If you’re already using the Guest Portal, no changes are needed in Mews Operations, the new portal will simply replace the old one.
  • But we’ll soon be sharing more tips about how you can refresh your set-up!

We’re excited to share this journey with you! We’ll post updates and tips via the Community in our Learn & Share series. Please share your questions and feedback in the thread below.

38 replies

Hello! Uma House by Yurbban South Beach would love to be part of the pilot!

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Vegard Kaspersen thank you again for flagging this bug. Happy to share that this has been updated to “Welcome to [Property Name]” instead of “Welcome to Guest Portal”. So you may want to drop the 1st line from your custom message. 

@marcrovira thanks for your interest - let me review your set-up and get back in touch with you direcrtly by Monday.

Please sign us up 😀

Hello, yes please - please add Boutique Hotel Herman K - we are having the digital key in August! 

Thank you!

We would love for Glamp Nusa, Bali  to be part of the beta version, and it's great to see that the country code for the phone number will be added to MEWS!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@EllenBarte @Heidi thank you for your interest in this BETA! I have reached out to you directly via email with more details to activate your properties. 

@Mluca thank you for you interest as well, your property is not eligible just yet but we are about to release an update so just bear with me a few more hours and I’ll be in touch to get this in motion. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Martijn Coolen Slow Traveling @Grafpaper @Lakeside Manor @RURURUDS @amunoz @Antoinefedal @Mluca I’m happy to share that we have released an update on the BETA and are now able to collect companion details as part of the online check-in, which is required in your countries. I’ll follow-up with each of you by email directly in the next few days so we can get your properties live on the new portal soon. 

Userlevel 1

We want to join @ Gitstapper Hof

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Maikel Heinen I have emailed you directly 😊

Userlevel 1

@Olivia.Dingreville we’d be interested in Joining the BETA for Carlton Dublin Airport.

Thanks

Darren

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Darren Kearney sorry for the delayed reply as I was on leave, I’ve just emailed you directly!

Userlevel 2

Hello,

I heared from many guests the last days, that they have problems with the online-checkin. Is there a known bug? They complain about the additional persons that it is lagging/hanging and also the credit card is not working as expected.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@andante thanks for sharing this feedback and sorry to read your guests are experiencing difficulties. I have heard similar feedback from one property on Tuesday. I looked at the overall OCI numbers for them and don’t see anything concerning. But I have already raised this with our engineers to investigate. I will add your feedback to the investigation as it may be the sign of a wider lag in performance vs an isolated case. If you are able to share with me by email some example of reservations where guests struggled that will help us look into it. Thank you in advance. I will let you know how the investigation progresses.