Skip to main content

Beta program: New Global Search

Based on our Mewsers’ feedback, our engineers have been working on a new search experience that’s aimed at making your life a lot easier.

With a new and improved interface, the new search allows you to quickly identify which one of the results is what you are looking for, as well as search for reservations by companion names, partial matches and a more intelligent sorting of results by those who have been or will be at the hotel closest to today. 

How does it work?

Just like today - but better! The search bar is slightly larger and the interface has been improved.

The new experience is expected to do everything that exists today plus:

•  Search reservations also by companions!
  •  Get searching quickly from anywhere via a new keyboard shortcut (Alt+F on Windows | Option+F on Mac)
  • More information on the results, allowing you to pick the right one
    •  Guests will show their email, reservations will show guest name and dates... so that the user is much more likely to click on the correct one!
  • Save favorites (per user) - a great opportunity to pin your commonly searched terms, top accounts, and Mews pages
  • Partial matches, case and accent insensitive
    • You can now search by partial matches of first names, surnames, 3rd party booking IDs, emails and phone numbers!
      • You can now search for “jose”, and “José Silva” will also show in the results!
      • Phone formatting works in every way: +, spaces, ( ) ... it doesn't matter. You type it, we find it!
  • In-house guests will appear above others; and the rest will follow a sequence of most-to-least likely to be useful to you based on stay dates, reservation statuses, and guest attributes (status/number of returns)
  • Search by travel agencies, contracts, availability blocks...

How can I get started?

• Reply to this thread with the property name (and if it's either in demo, or live) you’d like added to this beta! The new search will be enabled to Beta pilots mid-March.

Please ask any questions or share any feedback you have below. Happy Searching!

Wouldn’t mind to try it. 

Boutique Hotel The River House, Andermatt Switzerland

Done! Welcome to the Beta!

Hi @ettore.zotarelli ,

could you please enable this feature for our other properties?

Do you have any updates in the Block search functionality?

Best
Linus 

And just to kick off the weekend: allotment block search by name and ID is now working 🍾 (or not… seems to work for some; I believe the indexes did not fully update - yet)

Could we get this functionality already at Abdijhof Marienkroon, Nieuwkuijk, The Netherlands. I love testing new stuff :-)

Could we get this functionality already at Abdijhof Marienkroon, Nieuwkuijk, The Netherlands. I love testing new stuff :-)

Hi @Elmo12345 ! It's enabled, welcome and happy searching!

Hello, friends!

A little trick of the trade: if you add # to a search it will only look for that match in space names.

Example: you are trying to look for a guest staying in room 201.

Search: 201 → results will show room 201, confirmation number containing 201, phone numbers with 201, emails, third party conf number, etc...
Search: #201 → room 201 and reservation staying in room 201 (only if in-house).

Another bonus trick: Alt + F is the keyboard shortcut to start typing in the new search! Already working on Mac too (Option + F)

How long does the list of recent searches get? How long is a search classified as recent, and how can i empty the list? 

How long does the list of recent searches get? How long is a search classified as recent, and how can i empty the list? 

It’s based on your individual last searches (as a user), and they do not expire - they get replaced by new searches. There will soon be a button to delete a recent search if you want to clean up the list - probably in a few weeks.

Hi @ettore.zotarelli please activate this beta for live environment Bilderberg Grand Hotel Wientjes. Thank you! I will shortly get back to you with the first feedback from the other 2 hotels.  

Hi @ettore.zotarelli please activate this beta for live environment Bilderberg Grand Hotel Wientjes. Thank you! I will shortly get back to you with the first feedback from the other 2 hotels.  

Done!

Hi @ettore.zotarelli ,

We would like to activate this beta for Golden Tulip Keyser and Botanique Breda as well, in their live environment.

KInd regards.

Hi @ettore.zotarelli ,

We would like to activate this beta for Golden Tulip Keyser and Botanique Breda as well, in their live environment.

KInd regards.

Enabled! Welcome to the new search!

@ettore.zotarelli

Can we also search for car registration number`? Meaning that we look up registration numbers in the searchbar to find the correct guest connected.

We can now search guests by car registration numbers too 😉

Hi @ettore.zotarelli another addition for the beta; in live Bilderberg Parkhotel Rotterdam. Thank you! I will share feedback with you next week. 

Hi @ettore.zotarelli another addition for the beta; in live Bilderberg Parkhotel Rotterdam. Thank you! I will share feedback with you next week. 

Nice! But I believe all Netherlands properties already have it enabled since yesterday afternoon 🤔 is it not the case?

You are right @ettore.zotarelli, I did not see that yet. Many thanks! 

Hi @ettore.zotarelli 

It appears that the room “stay status” (checked-in, checked-out, cancelled, etc...) has dissapeard from the search bar (see below)

Is it bug? Will it be coming back, because it was very convenient ?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Regards

Stephane

Hi @ettore.zotarelli 

It appears that the room “stay status” (checked-in, checked-out, cancelled, etc...) has dissapeard from the search bar (see below)

Regards

Stephane

Hi! Indeed it’s a bug, it will be back on Monday. Sorry about that. Have a great weekend!

Live Smarthotel Oslo :D 

Live Smarthotel Oslo :D 

done! enjoy!!

I am currenlty no able to seach at all. It is just loading. Is this a commen problem?

I am currenlty no able to seach at all. It is just loading. Is this a commen problem?

Unfortunately there was a service degradation today which led to the new search being turned off for all properties for a few hours. Our infrastructure team found the root cause and we are now back for everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As more than 50% of properties now have the search, we are already handling it as an official feature (non-beta) and status updates are added here: https://status.mews.com/

Thank you for your patience and collaboration. Sorry once again

Hi @ettore.zotarelli 

Regards

Stephane

Hi! Indeed it’s a bug, it will be back on Monday. Sorry about that. Have a great weekend!

Hello @ettore.zotarelli 

Everything is ok now 😉

Thanks for your help

Regards

Stephane

sign us up please @machefert  groupe in Paris

sign us up please @machefert  groupe in Paris

Done! Welcome!

HI @ettore.zotarelli ,

question: The search windows remains open after selecting a search result. Should not be so, right?

We have to close manuely with ESC or klick around.

Best regards

Leif