Solved

Zapier - New Zap for arrived rooms to send a message

• 21 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dear Community

Can you help me in finding out the correct MEWS Integration information?

We would like to start sending SMS to guest who has already arrived in the hotel and has done their check-in. 

I could not found any action to set up this zap.

Looking forward to ideas :)

icon

Best answer by Mick 23 January 2023, 04:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

G’day @SabineSchr

I’ve created a similar zap using Mews as the trigger & SMSGlobal as the Action, however you should be able to use any SMS platform which integrates with Zapier for the action.

I’ve recreated it just now in Mews Demo & tested and it works. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

wow, thank you very much for your help.

I will try it :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Mick do you also have a solution for an automatic alert at the day of arrival, if the booked room is not paid until 5 am?

We do have a “mews_action-required” for invalid credit cards

but not for bookings which still have an open amount. As we only accept check-in with 100% pre-payment it would be a good automatization about the employees to relieve.

Any ideas how to do it?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Mick The Zap with SMS after check in is working 💪Thank you very much.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @SabineSchr

Great to hear, I am glad you‘ve got it working! 

I do not have a ready solution for reservations with outstanding balances. The money does not sit on a reservation, it is linked to a guest's profile, making it difficult to find an easy solution. We have attempted to use Mews API and PowerBI to create a dashboard of guests with balances, but it has proven to be challenging.

A possible workaround is to schedule a reservation report with the status "arriving," select the "load balance" flag, and then filter the Excel document by the "load balance" column to identify reservations with outstanding balances.

I’d be interested to hear how everyone else is handling this. 

Regards
Mick

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dear Mick

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

You mean this report, correct?

Here, we do have one problem :) The saldo will be 0,00 either when we already got an payment but also when the stay will be covered from the company. As you can see, we do have today two arrivals covered by company. How can this be monitored?

I do very much appreciate your help. 

Have a lovely day

Sabine

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @SabineSchr,

Thank you for raising a new concern.

Even if there is a company attached, the balance can be positive.

In these cases, the stay was already covered and the bill was closed. That’s why the saldo was 0. 

If there was still an open bill with the balance or unpaid items/deposits, even if the company would have been attached, the balance would be listed.

Please let me know if this helps

Wish you remarkable evening.

Joanna 🌹