Solved

Why can't Mews auto-translate all fields on booking engine including rates and rooms?

• 21 March 2024
  • 1 reply

It is a pain to have to manually update all translations for room rates, products, and room names for each language. There should be a way to auto translate all of this like it does for other parts of the built-in booking engine. Any solutions out there?

icon

Best answer by MarketaOupi 27 March 2024, 11:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @brianBLAU!

thank you for this question! 

Currently, there's no systematic plan to automatically translate labels in the booking engine based on language preferences.

There are certain linguistic challenges that automatic translations struggle to overcome. For example, "check-in" may be a standardized term used by customers in multiple languages, but the system may tend to translate it. Many non-English hotels have their room names in English - so even with machine translation, room names would remain the same (it probably doesn't make sense to translate, it's an identifier), however, in the description where the room name is used, it would be translated, so the text could be confusing or nonsensical.

And there will be more examples like this.

However, one solution is for the customer to simply add translations for products, rates, and space categories for the top 5 nationalities where they have the most guests directly in Mews. This ultimately results in when the booking engine language is set to English, it naturally serves English (see the first screenshot), if I switch the language to Czech and have a Czech translation, it serves me Czech (see the second screenshot).

I hope this helps!