Solved

Way to flag credit cards that are not issued in the guest's name?

• 11 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I am trying to see if there are any existing ways to have MEWS flag or send a report for any reservations made where the name of the guest and the name of the card on file do not match. We like to make sure guests book with a card issued under their name. 

Are there any existing features to assist with this? Or does anyone have any suggestions? 

icon

Best answer by mauritsbots 13 December 2023, 09:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@j3ssicad no thats not possible within MEWS now. The ‘owner' field for credit cards (or any payment field I believe) is also not included in the API...

Userlevel 4

We were using the payment card report, export to excel and compare the customer name with card name. But this is just a workaround and a lot of work. Would love to see a better solution. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

poeh @Sam that is indeed a lot of work - but come to think of it, you could use that export with zapier to cross check it with the reservation...

We were using the payment card report, export to excel and compare the customer name with card name. But this is just a workaround and a lot of work. Would love to see a better solution. 

That is what I have been using but was hoping for an easier solution. Thanks for the feedback!