Skip to main content
Solved

Waiting list when fully booked?

• 20 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello!
How do you handle waiting lists? When a guests wants to be put on a waiting list for an available room, when none is available at the moment… so that the guest is informed if a room of the requested type or better becomes available ?

Kind regards,
Jean-Philipp.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hello @j.spiess 

The request for a feature that can manage waiting lists is already of the feedback forum

https://feedback.mews.com/forums/955628-reservation-management/suggestions/47166880-waitlist

Otherwize, you can work with an additionnal integration like this one https://www.mews.com/en/products/marketplace/correspondence-manager

Nevertheless, we are not using it so I don’t know if it is efficient or not...😟

Anyway, to my knowledge, you cannot easily handle it in Mews for now. I Know @ettore.zotarelli  and @Nienke Wilbrink are working on a new way of handling overbookings from the timeline (so maybe also waiting lists) and it is going to be an “elegant” one from what you can read here below

Wait and see 🤞

Bye bye

Stephane

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Good morning!

Unfortunately I think what I am working on at the moment will not make things easier for the waitlist case :( but it's an interesting idea. I suggest using the feedback platform link so that it's tracked and others can also show interest, as we constantly reevaluate what's the next big thing to build/improve!

In the meantime, I wonder if anyone has tried to use "Inquired" reservations, or even forced an overbooking for this use cases, combined with a task to verify if the space became available x-days before the arrival.
Disclaimer: I say that in a fully theoretical way - it may be a very bad idea hehe. This is more of a thought exercise 😅

Yours,

E

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello @ettore.zotarelli 

Yes, overbooking works somewhat, but it’s not nice. „Inquired“ would not work, because it doesn’t reduce availability, so an optional booking can be made, or an actual „confirmed“ overbooking. But it’s less than ideal, because of the automatic guest journey messages that are triggered for reservations that can be and are confusing for guests. For now, It really needs just a separate status „waiting“ that does not trigger any guest journey mails or payments, but reduces availability just like optional reservations and does not assign rooms. I would believe it would not be very hard to implement that soon…

The process of assigning a room and sending confirmation changing status to optional or confirmed could remain manual for a start.

Maybe you can integrate a waitlist „light“ in you overbooking development…

In a full implementation it would be nice to have an automated process, that just assigns rooms, sends info and optional confirmation to guests automatically.

Regards,

Jean-Philipp.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

True, I did not think about the automated guest communications that it triggers.

Unfortunately, the project I am working on will make it easier to find the overbooked (unassigned) reservation that is creating the timeline red-line, but it will not change its logic in any way that would bring us closer to a waitlist feature. It is one of the upcoming improvements of the new Search (currently in Beta).

Thanks for the knowledge share! 💡