Solved

Unpaid Items / deposits

• 9 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Master Apprentice
  • 7 replies

So many of our fully paid bills are stuck in “Unpaid items / deposits” bills.
It’s causes so many problems with delays on checkout, people not noticing the error and thinking they checked the person out when they didn’t. We have to go back and close so many bills after they have been checked out also. 

Does anyone know if there is a simple solution to this, have we got something set up wrong? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nikidebruyn 11 August 2023, 10:44

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey, we have the same frustration!

We have discussed many times with Mews over the years but unfortunately there is no automated fix. What we do is the night shift goes thru all the reservations ‘not available for check-out’ and manually moves all bills from ‘unpaid items/deposits’ to an ‘open bill’. 

FYI in our properties/legal environment we cannot close bills in advance, we close bills upon departure. 

I would love to know if anyone else has come up with a better way, or can share what they use the unpaid items/deposit bill for? 

Userlevel 2

Great, thank you for your reply Sam. It just seems like something that should be so simple to fix. 

It really does cause us so much problems. Especially as 99% are fully paid. It’s just manual work for no reason I can see. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Jones and @Sam !

Thank you for bringing this up 🙌🏻

I found this feature request - is this the same case, you are talking about? 

If so, please vote for it and ask all your colleagues to do so! I will ask around internally about this too!

Have a great day! 🌞

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @Jones @Sam I am Niki from the Product Design team and I work on Billing and Finance within Mews. We will be looking at this behaviour towards the end of the year and I would love the opportunity set up a call with you to discuss this issue so that I can gain your insights for the redesign? Let me know if you would be open to this? 

Have a great day!

Userlevel 2

Hi Niki, 

Thank you for your reply. Absolutely I would be interested in a call. Getting this changed would genuinely improve our check-out experience for guest and employee and save us the job of going through the accounting ledger to manually close ones where employees had gotten flustered and confused with the error. 

Have a great day!

Sam

Userlevel 2
Badge

Fabulous! @Jones I will send you a private message 

Userlevel 4

Hi Niki,

So happy to hear this will be worked on! This gets brought up constantly by our teams. Feel free to reach out to me for any feedback. 

Thanks, Sam.

Hello, I see this topic has the status SOLVED? Does this mean it is working for everyone now? We still experience problems with this and a lot of manual work. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @wkok,

I just came across your message and I wanted to clarify.

The “Solved” status in community means the question was answered, not that the feature was deployed, that would still need to be followed on the Feedback page.

I talked to our product team and this feature is still on our roadmap, but I am not sure about the exact timing. 

I hope this explains the confusion :) 

Thank you for your patience!