Question

Tasks created by products

• 25 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I am new to Mews and I am looking for a way to automatically create a task when a product is added to a reservation, so the housekeeping team can see the task in their app (let’s say we add breakfast to the room and the team should see that they need to bring the breakfast to the room).

I was told to use Zapier but it seems there is no option to trigger an action when adding a product?

Any ideas or experiences what would work best?

Thank you for any input :)

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

We would love something similar to track transportation. So whenever someone makes a reservation - a transportation task is added to ensure we get their arrival info and if they need taxi help, etc. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Sonja! This would be a great feature to have. When we were in our pilot-phase with Mews, I tested Zapier. I was able to create a zap for this, but it was not userfriendly (too many steps to be taken in Zapier, to much maintenance for 11 hotels and changing products) - we choose not to use Zapier. 

There are two ideas on the feedback page to upvote regarding Automatic Tasks, let’s all vote! 

Automatically create task when product ordered – Product Ideas Forum (mews.com) and Automatic tasks / recurring tasks by rate code, company, travel agency – Product Ideas Forum (mews.com)