Solved

Summer Restrictions

• 28 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Dear Mewsters,

I'm writing to seek your insights on implementing a seasonal modification to our minimum stay requirement. Currently, our listing maintains a year-round minimum of two nights. However, we're interested in adjusting this to a three-night minimum during the peak summer season, specifically from June 20th to September 22nd.

We'd like the three-night minimum to apply solely to bookings with arrival dates on Fridays and Saturdays. This approach aims to balance guest flexibility with maximizing occupancy during busy periods.

While we believe this is a straightforward adjustment, we acknowledge the potential interplay with our dynamic pricing software, PriceLabs. Any advice on navigating both platforms to achieve this desired outcome would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by May.ThuAung 29 December 2023, 12:24

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hello There! 
Thank you for your question. 
If you are looking to make some changes to the minimum length during the high seasons, what you can do on Mews is to use the restrction feature.

From my understanding, as you have mentioned, it is a simple adjustment to set the reservations that are arriving from June 20th to September 22nd to have 3MLOS restriction set up on Mews and only select the days Fridays and Saturdays to have it applicable. It would look something like below:

For more information on assistance with restrctions, please see here.

While I am able to answer you what is achievable on Mews, I am not able to answer what you can do on Pricelab to achieve this. However, should this be an integration you have in your property, once the restriction is set on Mews, the information can be pulled to the integration. 

Otherwise, if you would like to set the restriction up on PriceLab and have it pushed to Mews, that should also be possible as long as PriceLab has the feature to do so 🤗

Hello There! 
Thank you for your question. 
If you are looking to make some changes to the minimum length during the high seasons, what you can do on Mews is to use the restrction feature.

From my understanding, as you have mentioned, it is a simple adjustment to set the reservations that are arriving from June 20th to September 22nd to have 3MLOS restriction set up on Mews and only select the days Fridays and Saturdays to have it applicable. It would look something like below:

For more information on assistance with restrctions, please see here.

While I am able to answer you what is achievable on Mews, I am not able to answer what you can do on Pricelab to achieve this. However, should this be an integration you have in your property, once the restriction is set on Mews, the information can be pulled to the integration. 

Otherwise, if you would like to set the restriction up on PriceLab and have it pushed to Mews, that should also be possible as long as PriceLab has the feature to do so 🤗

Thank you so much for this quick and detailed response. It does seem that Pricelabs is affecting what i’m trying to do here. thank you and I hope this helps others when having the same issue.