• 7 replies

How can i use my own stripe account as a payment method

icon

Best answer by Mick 7 March 2024, 12:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

You would have to use it as an External Payment type.

The integrated Stripe is only via MEWS.  I’m guessing this is another of their revenue streams; where they might cream a bit of a small % off the top.

More importantly - is their roll-out of alternate currencies and takign advantage of Stripe’s ability to bill in local currencies.  We are losing a % on every transaction due to exchange rates :(

but as per the following you can change it by sending email to [email protected] , i already sent the email but no reply
Which Mews Payments integration is used for Payment requests?

also i found the following link on external source

Payment Integrations : Mews Systems (freshdesk.com)

and finally i sent how to email as a ticket but also with no reply?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

HI @hisham.gouda

As Ethros highlighted, using your own Stripe account directly would necessitate a manual approach. You'd need to turn off automation rules within Mews, manually process payments through your Stripe account, and then record these payments in Mews as External payments. While feasible, this method is not the most efficient.

Mews offers robust integrations with Stripe and Adyen, providing seamless in-platform payments and provides terminals for card present transactions. These integrations are designed to streamline the transaction with the use of settlement rules, significantly reducing manual labour and the likelihood of human errors.

It's true that Mews applies a fee to transactions, but I view this as a reasonable exchange for the service, efficiency, and integration provided. The time and effort saved in processing, posting, and reconciling payments justify the cost, making it a worthwhile investment.

Hope that makes sense, let us know if you have any further questions.

agree , the main problem behind the need is that mews transfer the money in local currency which is not suitable for me.

Userlevel 5
Badge

agree , the main problem behind the need is that mews transfer the money in local currency which is not suitable for me.

We were told mid-last year that this was an almost completed update.  Not sure what has interrupted the roll-out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

We were told mid-last year that this was an almost completed update.  Not sure what has interrupted the roll-out.

Hi @Ethros - could you let me know who told you last year? I will check it out! 👀

Userlevel 5
Badge

HI @MarketaOupi PM”d you the names as I remember.

For the record ..

Our issue is that we have to keep our currency conversion BELOW market rates or our clients get upset. They are quite sensitive to billing, and are already confused as to why when they are buying a product in country, they are seeing a foreign currency on their bills.

I know Strip has this functionality as when we were first setting up with news we open our own Stripe account and were able to do billing and refunds in the native currency which was then converted to dollars in our Stripe account and a slush fund was kept to cover any exchange rate differences and refunds so this is something unique to use that they have implemented as opposed to a functionality of Stripe that doesn't exist we were told that this was not processes hotels similar issues as there really isn't a reason for foreign currency to be used for native transactions and it was being released but we haven't heard anything about six months a year.

Does anyone else here face that issue?

Thanks!

Ethan