Solved

Sources

• 11 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Senior Apprentice
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone!

I am looking to improve my report system and analytics. However, I have noticed that all reservations made through my website or directly by the hotel or the reservations department do not have any source, while other channels have source like “booking”, “GDS”…

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by stepan.runat 15 August 2023, 14:17

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Mdmar,

We have kinda the same issue.
However, you can use the reservation report with the filter “origin” to have a more detailed overview of where the direct reservations (booking engine, email, telephone, in person...) are coming from.

I don’t think there is a report where you see both the origin and the different Travel Agency’s in one.

Maybe someone else hase an idea?

Regards,

Matthias

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Mdmar

We have added a travel agency to our booking engines, we can then run reservation report in totals mode grouped by Travel Agency this then breaks up provides break down of Agents/OTA's, our own website & everything without. Are you using the Mews booking engine?

You could add a Travel Agency contract for Reservation Department and track those in the same report.

Running the reservation report by reservation source oddly does not include Mews Booking engine as a type, this could be a bug. @Sarah.Masterton-Brown could someone from the team advise if this is expected or a bug?

Userlevel 4

Hi All, We are also using the origin to try to measure this. 

We originally did have our own travel agency against the booking engine but removed this as it restricts guests from receiving some Mews communication like the online check-out email, as only some approved travel agencies are on Mews list to receive the communications. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Dear @Mdmar ,

this is Stepan from Mews. I hope you are doing well! Please note that the Source filter is used primarily to see more granular classification for the channel manager reservation. More information can be found in the following article. However, we take your feedback seriously and the product team is planning to improve the feature and replace the unknown by the name of Mews Booking Engine or Custom Booking Engine in case you would use own booking engine connected to Mews via Booking Engine API. 

I hope that this is helpful! :) 

Stepan

Hi All,

is it possible to add own origins for a better reporting?

For me for example it would be great to have instead of “channel” two seperate ones for “GDS” and “OTA”.

Kind regards

Vanessa

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello @Vanessa Bigge ,

this is Stepan from Mews. At the moment it it not possible to add custom origins but I took a look and saw in our feature request page that some requested origins were implemented. Please see the link here. I would therefore recommend suggesting this improvement here. :) 

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead!

Kind regards, Stepan