Solved

send different mails to an enquiry than to an optional booking

• 10 June 2024
  • 4 replies

We would like to send different emails to a guest making an enquiry than to a guest placing an optional booking.

Now they both get a quotation.

But a guest who makes a quotation we would like to give only a quotation and clearly indicate that no accommodation is held for them.
Whereas with an option, you actually want to indicate that the property is indeed being held.

Now the chatbot gave the idea of using other languages to create a different mail. However, you are then faced with the problem that product names are also named in that language.

I am sure we are not the only ones with this problem. How did you solve this?

icon

Best answer by j.spiess 10 June 2024, 22:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am not a fan of misusing systems to get them to do stuff you want, because that may cause problems in the long run. So to use a different language seems a bit hacky to me.

In our case we are using a third party service for all enquiries and i think a lot of other hotels do so too. In that case you can just ignore this aspect of Mews and handle it in your third party service.

Nevertheless i think that the whole mailing aspect in Mews – not just this part – is in need of a big upgrade handlingwise.

thanks for your response!
i agree that another language is not a very convenient option. and that the whole mail system could use some improvements.

may i ask where do you process your requests?

we have holiday homes and therefore a lot of choice, which means we spend quite a lot of time processing requests. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

thanks for your response!
i agree that another language is not a very convenient option. and that the whole mail system could use some improvements.

may i ask where do you process your requests?

we have holiday homes and therefore a lot of choice, which means we spend quite a lot of time processing requests. 

Processing requests is a bit of a stretch but we have a third party service that we use for sending mailings und handling our offers. If that offer has an option or not doesn’t matter much because it just means there is a option booked in mews or not … the handling of the offer itself doesn’t change that much. 👍

We use a local service called SmartHost but i cannot say how viable this is for hotels outside Germany. It works for us. 😅

Nice thing with that service is that the handling of the offers is pretty flexible so you can create offer templates for example for different seasons or maybe to differentiate between options. On top of that you can adjust all the mailings that are created in the offer workflow and add or adjust texts for this individual requests if needed.

We’ve just started with Mews and also just starting to handle our offers within Mews but i think we’re on a good path regarding that topic. But maybe someone else in the community has more experience with services for that matter. 😉

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @mdemmers !

You are right! Please vote the feature request up at https://feedback.mews.com/forums/955598-mews-guest-journey/suggestions/42383506-separate-template-for-quotation

And while you’r over there, maybe also vote up the waitlist feature request :-) , because it fit’s the topic:
https://feedback.mews.com/forums/955628-reservation-management/suggestions/36659833-new-reservation-state-wait-list-pending-enqui

Regards,

JP.