Solved

Routing rules are bugged when used with multiple bookable services

• 18 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

I've raised this issue a while ago with the premium support, they agreed it was a bug, but told me to 'raise awereness' on the forum to get it fixed. Instead of just fixing it. So here goes:

What is going wrong:

• I set up a rule for Service A to send all prepaid reservations + products for travel agency A to a paymaster. This works fine.

• Then I set up bookable service B to send all prepaid reservations + products for the same  travel agency A to the same paymaster.

• Then the second rule works fine, but the first rule suddently "forgets" to send the products, and only sends nights.

• And when you go and fix rule number 1, then rule number 2 starts forgetting to send the products.

End result: We are stuck with hundreds of tourist tax, breakfast and cleaning fee items on the guests bill, and not on the paymasters.

Can somebody tell a developer? Or tell me if I might be doing something wrong here?

icon

Best answer by Aldair Borges 5 February 2024, 09:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @andreas 

Sam has the same problem here 

And @Aldair Borges  just answered 😉

Hope this helps a bit

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 3

Hi @smehia ,

Thanks for the quick response! The problem that Sam described is a different one as ours.

Sam has issues with routing rules (not) being applied to a reservation modification. 

The issue I described has to do with routing rules for multiple bookable services forgetting their own settings.

Perhaps @Aldair Borges would be willing to take a look at this case as well :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Yes I redirected you there because I think the source of the problem is the same and/or maybe  2 rules are interferring with each other.

Either way @Aldair Borges will surely get in touch with you here if not by phone as requested by him to Sam on the other post 😉

Bye bye

Stephane

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello @andreas,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As you have mentioned, this case is different to the one @Sam  reported.

For your case, the service drop down is in fact a filter for all below items. The reason for this is that services sit as separate entities each containing their own spaces and products. Selecting a new service resets all below items because the selected service does not contain the exact same products. Hence why when you change the top service all items below are reset.

Within our new routing initiative, we are looking to provide more flexibility across services which will allow you to create routing rules across multiple services. We are currently in the early discovery phase for the new routing rules. Would you be interested in being contacted to share feedback as we explore the new developments for routing in Mews?

Userlevel 3

Hi @Aldair Borges,

Thank you for the reply! Sorry for taking so long to respond, I must have missed the notification.

I’d be very interested to share some feedback for routing improvements. For us this is currently one of the main time-consuming workflows that we’d like to see automated.