Solved

Routing rules

• 17 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
  • Superstar Contributor
  • 65 replies

Hi All,

Is anyone else struggling with routing rules not followed when there is an amendment on a reservation and have a good workaround? (😭)

For example we have routing for Airbnb to route to the company profile but if a reservation amendment comes from the channel manager the routing is no longer followed and re-assigns the nights to the guest.

This means when a guest checks in on kiosk they are then required to pay for the reservation.  

Trying to avoid manual reservation checks each day which is not efficient and not the goal of having Mews, are others finding this issue?  

icon

Best answer by Aldair Borges 18 January 2024, 11:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Sam 

Just to be sure, this happens for the already settled (paid or prepaid) reservations that are modified afterwards right ?

Or is it happening for all the reservations like that ?

Does it happen for all kind of modifications ? (Names, rate, date of stay)

My questions are just to narrow down the possible issues 😉

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 4

Hi,

If the bill is open it will have an impact, this is applying to reservation changes ie. a date is changed then the routing rule will no longer apply. 

Thanks, 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Sam 

Ok then Mews is not considering the modification as a modification but as new reservation, right ?

Sure there is not an other product rule for the same channel interfering with one another and that all the right products categories are selected for the routing?

Is it adding an extra night on the guest profile and/or creating a brand new reservation ?

I’ll put @Aldair Borges  and @alzbeta skrabalkova  in copy. Maybe they will be able to help with this 😉

I’ve never encountered this issue (yet) so I won’t be of a great help, sorry 😥

Bye bye

Stephane

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Sam  & @smehia , routing rules only trigger at reservation creation at the moment,

We do however have plans this year to start exploring routing after reservation creation. I’ve collected the feedback you’ve shared here. But I would also like to have some discovery calls with you to cover some questions we have about improving routing.

Would you be willing to have a discovery call with me?