Solved

rounding rate

• 26 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone, I'm having issues with Mews and my connections to my Channel Managers, specifically Hotel Spider and Synxis.

When we derive rates from Mews, starting from a base rate like Flexi and moving to a promotional rate where we apply a percentage discount of -10, -5, etc., Mews cannot round, which creates rates with decimals such as 0.1, 0.2, 0.3... which don't exist in Swiss currency, where rounding typically occurs in increments of 5. When we send these rates to the channels, they can round them. However, if we apply a rate where the client's card must be charged by Mews, when it comes back to Mews, the system doesn't charge the rate the client reserved but instead incorrect rates. This sometimes leads us to having to refund the client for a few cents. Does anyone have any ideas on how to work around this issue?

icon

Best answer by MarinafromMews 1 April 2024, 09:23

View original

1 reply

Badge

Hello Philippe,

Hope you are well, thank you for submitting the question!

It is possible to change the tax precision to another value in thee Accounting configuration. Please visit this article to learn more about the option.

Additionally, I would like to recommend visiting also this article the explains how taxation in Mews works. Essentially, Mews calculates the tax for each item individually. This method allows consistent tax amounts for individual items and lets clients to report taxes more precisely but it might lead to small discrepancies of 1 cents or even less. In the article above you can also read more about an option that is now in testing phase that is supposed to correct tax rounding discrepancies.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

Best wishes,

Marina