Solved

Rate restricted to booking dates

• 10 October 2023
  • 10 replies

Hello everyone.  I am looking at setting up a Black Friday deal which is open for selected arrival dates between Black Friday 2023 and the end of 2024.  This part is all fine however, I would like to limit the booking period from Black Friday to 31st December 2023.  I cannot see a way of doing this through the restrictions option.  Has anyone successfully set anything like this up before or is the only way to manually turn it off after the 31st December?

Thanks in advance...

icon

Best answer by bram.berenbroek 16 October 2023, 16:20

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Chris 

What I done is that I have closed the rate code from the day it’s not suppose to be for sell anymore. this can be done for the future as well. This normally works. If you use voucher you can also limted the reservation to be for a period in that field. If you don’t understand you are more then welcome to call me in Copenhagen, Denmark. Absalon Hotel +4533314344

//Anne 

Badge

Hi Chris.

When you create a new voucher, you can determine when the guest can stay with that voucher by entering the Reservation from/Reservation to dates. In your case Black Friday until 31/12/2024.

To limit the window the vouchercode itself is active and can be used, please enter the Valid from/Valid to dates when creating the specific Vouchercode. To create a new code, please open the voucher and navigate to the right top corner’s plus icon. The dates for your case would be Valid from Black Friday and Valid to 31/12/2023.
By utilising both settings, you will get the result you are looking for.

Good luck!

Thanks both.  I ideally don't want to use a voucher code for the promotion, I want it to be available for everyone who books through our website?

As far as I understand you cannot use a voucher for a public rate but if there is a way please let me know?

Thanks again.  First time using the community and super impressed.

Chris

Userlevel 2

If you set up a public rate then you don’t need a voucher. It will be open for all. but you need to open and close it in restrictions. And this you have to do before and after it should be open for the public. Otherwise it will be open all the time :-)

Yes thanks Anne, this is how I have done it at the moment using restrictions to limit the arrival and stay dates the offer can be booked.  The problem I am having is the limiting the time frame the offer is showing as available to book.  i.e I want the offer to only be available on our website between 16th November to 31st December 2023, however, I want the dates available to be booked to be from the 16th November 2023 to 31st December 2024.  The only way I can see to do this is to set the restrictions to the available dates 16th Nov 2023 to Dec 2024 but then manually enable the rate on 16th November 2023 and remember to disable it on 31st December 2023(unlikely as we will be busy with our NYE arrangements!)

I hope this makes sense! 😬🙂

Userlevel 2

The stay dates are between 16th November and 31 December 2024 right? But your booking window is limited to 16th November to 31 December 2023? is that correct? Just to understand your challenge in Mews 😀 

Yes, exactly 😊

Userlevel 2

But you can just make two restrictions one from today until 15th November and then one from 1st January because it always count from midnight to midnight. Without an expire date. And then in the new year mark the rate enable. That is what I would do. Then you don’t have to worry about it been booked when you don’t want it. Makes this sense? 

Yes I think so but the restrictions just blocks the booking dates available to the guest but not the dates the rate is shown as available?  Therefore, I would have to manually disable the rate until 16th November, then manually enable it, then manually disable it 1st Jan. 

I can do this but was hoping there was an automatic process of not just restricting the dates available to book but also the dates the rate shows as being available.

Thanks so much for your help Anne, really appreciated.

Chris

Badge

Hi Chris! 

What i recommend in this case is to still use the voucher and pre load it into your booking engine from the start date of the promotion.

Set up a task for yourself on the day the promotion starts as a reminder. In your booking engine settings, add the voucher under the section vouchercode. This will automatically enable any new visitor acces to the promotion.

After the voucher has expired, new customers will not be able to use it anymore and you would only have to remove it again from the booking engine settings. As a reminder, you can create a second task.

What we also see is a banner or pop up on the website’s landing page providing guests with the voucher code or a link to a custom booking engine.

Good luck!