Pricing of room features - attribute pricing

• 22 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I have a tricky one for you all & hope someone has a creative solution.

Without having to create new space categories - you can quickly end with hundreds,…. how would you go about setting a price (supplement) for a feature.

Let’s assume that we have 4 floors, and want to add €10 as a floor number feature for all spaces in a specific category.

The Space category is Deluxe room and all the relevant spaces are attached.

• on the first floor no supplement with the base price being €200
  • on the second floor there is a floor supplement of €10 + €200 = €210
  • on the third floor there is a floor supplement of €20 + €200 = €220
  • on the fourth floor there is a supplement of €30 + € 200 = €230

The same thought can be applied to other categories or other attributes like courtyard view, as opposed to park view.

The only logical solution I can find would be to create a new space category for each floor & feature, and then set the price deferential….. but I want to avoid too many space categories

So we would end with Space categories

• Deluxe room 1st floor park view
  • Deluxe room 1st floor courtyard view
  • Superior room 1st floor park view
  • Superior room 1st floor courtyard room

Duplicated for the number of floors you have with a supplement for the attributes you have park view + €20, 2nd floor €10

It’s a challenging thought if you are operating a relatively small - less than 100 rooms.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello @N.HALL Consulting 

To me you got to go with different rates in relation to one base rate and then create some products and product rules activating when you select a space category or space type that will add your extra fee automatically in regards of the chosen rule

If that is what you are looking for, you can find what you need to know here https://help.mews.com/s/article/create-a-rate-with-a-product-included?language=en_US

Let us know if you find it interesting

Bye bye

Stephane

Thanks Stephane - but it’s a bit more tricky as the room categories are on different floors, and it’s a supplement of €10 for each floor you advance on.

So it’s a supplement for each room attribute that I am look at adding…. so let’s say all deluxe rooms with green painted walls were to cost €5 more, while the ones with blue walls should cost €200 more…. same room different attribute.

🤔

Nikolas

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Well @N.HALL Consulting then I guess you should create one space category per attribute that could engage an extra fee or maybe you can bypass that by creating a parent room system as described here https://help.mews.com/s/article/how-to-set-up-a-parent-room?language=en_US

It is tricky indeed, but there should be a workaound combining all this 😉

Stephane

Thanks Stephane - will explore your suggestion.

Have a fabulous weekend.

Nikolas