Solved

Posting offline charges from on-site outlets

• 19 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I asked the AI support bot how I can post offline charges to room accounts but found no relevant information in the results or guidance offered. 

Our Square POS terminals in our outlets are not integrated with Mews because this integration hasn’t been released yet (or hadn’t as of late last year). Our Guests want to be able to charge their purchases from our outlets to their room accounts, including bar and restaurant checks. 

At our outlets, a Guest’s charge can be settled to a comp account in Square to balance the POS system and then the charge is physically passed off to the hotel’s front desk for the charge to be added to the Guest’s account manually. Posting it manually to the account is where I need help.

So far, whenever I have had non-standard items that need to be charged to a Guest’s account, as the admin, I’ve had to create a product that is for the specific amount to be charged. From past experience with other PMS platforms, charges for variable amounts required only the filling in of a blank at the time the charge was being posted in the PMS.

How is this done in Mews such that I can post a charge to a Guest’s account, indicating the charge has come from a specific outlet on a specific date and for a specific amount?

icon

Best answer by Ivan Fernandez 20 February 2024, 11:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello @DavidFoxx 

You can just create a product category called Square Import or POS 

You go on the guest billing  - add product- select the category and then only use the left part of the window as following 

Put the amount and a description in the notes to have a reference of the product sold and/or the Square ticket number. You don’t have to mandatory choose from a product list.

You may have nonetheless to add one product with a correct accounting category for this system to work. Just try it out and let us know if it’s working 😁

Hope it helps a little

Stephane

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @smehia, great workaround!
Just a small wording correction, we are looking at creating an Additional service (not a product category).

@DavidFoxx when creating this Additional service, make sure to enable at least the following options:

And also, as @smehia suggested, you can link a dedicated Accounting category to this service, or even to products within the service. You might even want to create new Accounting categories for that purpose.
If both service and product have a hardcoded accounting category, the system will pick up the more specific one, in this case, the product one.

Hope this extra bit helps you further :)

Thank you! These recommendations have helped me solve this technical puzzle.