Solved

Payment Automation Set-up for Remaining Balance Due

• 19 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Is it possible, and if so how, to set up a payment rule that automates the charging of a remaining balance due on the morning of a reservation’s arrival/start date?

At the time of booking through the booking engine on our website, we collect payment for the first night’s room/tax plus any add-ons included during the booking/confirmation process. For multi-night reservations, the remaining balance is comprised of room/tax for nights 2 and beyond. I have not been able to figure out how to do set up a settlement rule. My first rule collects 100% of the first night plus additional expenses an products. When I attempt to create a second rule, I get an error message advising me “The sum of settlement values from all settlement rules with ‘Charge payment card’ action related to the parent rate group with ID… cannot be more than 100%”. Makes sense, but he only other option is a flat amount. 

icon

Best answer by Mick 21 February 2024, 08:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello @DavidFoxx 

Have you tried to make 2 settlement rules with different triggering times ?

Or maybe create 2 rate groups with a settlement rule each : 1 for the “one night stay”, and another for “the more than one night stay” linked directly to the rate you want to use

Test it out like that first and maybe other Mewsers will have other ways for you tu use as a “solution” 😉

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @DavidFoxx

As I understand it is not possible to charge nights by way of automatic settlement, only a percentage or flat fee. 

The system will throw an error if you try and charge more than 100%, you could however do a 30% at time of confirmation & 70% on day of arrival. This would work and could be a viable solution for you, the percentage can be what ever you like as long as it does not exceed 100%. 

Hope that helps. 

Thank you! Now knowing my original goal isn’t possible but this alternative could help me get close to it, I’ve got to evaluate all the implications of making this change.