Skip to main content
Solved

Occupancy Period

Hi!

Is there any possibility of using the right arrival and departure times without overbooking my hotel because the check out time is at 12am and the next client is supposed to arrive around 11am?

Thanks!!

Dear Mdmar,

Maybe a silly comment from me, but isn't that putting yourself in trouble if you leave the customer in the room until noon and let the next customer check in as early as 11 am? I don't know how many rooms you have but sooner or later you will be in trouble. At busy periods they overlap and you still have to have time to make up the rooms. Mews has a solution for many problems but don't think it will work here .

Robin

Hi @Mdmar

As far as i understand two reservations cannot overlap in Mews without forcing one to be an overbooking. 

Out of curiosity, how do you manage the clean of a space with a 12pm departure, with a 11am arrival? Do you expect and hope to have ealry checkouts in which you can turn the rooms over and shuffle reservations around?

Hi @Mdmar

As far as i understand two reservations cannot overlap in Mews without forcing one to be an overbooking. 

Out of curiosity, how do you manage the clean of a space with a 12pm departure, with a 11am arrival? Do you expect and hope to have ealry checkouts in which you can turn the rooms over and shuffle reservations around?

That would be amazing - i ll have two of those time machines please. 

But I agree with @barb00sa, it would be extremely difficult to manage if this were to be a default setting - with just a few rooms it would be easier to see, but you could easily have days where all your clients will arrive very early and leave late..  (in Amsterdam that happens typically every Friday)

Thanks all for your comments but I think you did not understand my point.

I would like to be able to put my guest’s arrival time 10am on their reservation even if the client before is leaving at noon. Of course, I will not be checking in the second room before checking out the first one (quite obvious), but I would like to warn my reception about the early arriving so they can be aware and take the clients suitcases and try to put this room in preference for cleaning.

:)

Thanks all for your comments but I think you did not understand my point.

I would like to be able to put my guest’s arrival time 10am on their reservation even if the client before is leaving at noon. Of course, I will not be checking in the second room before checking out the first one (quite obvious), but I would like to warn my reception about the early arriving so they can be aware and take the clients suitcases and try to put this room in preference for cleaning.

:)

Dear Mdmar,

for that you can still add a task and assign it to the front desk. Is that not a solution there you can add hour and day.
Gr Robin