Solved

No warning of overbooking through reservation prolongation via properties

• 26 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi everybody,

we recently stumbled  across the challenge that it is possible (independent of the role and rights) to overbook a property if you follow following steps:

Case:

• Guest wants to prolong his stay for another night and the reservation team did not check the availability for the next day (the hotel is fully booked on the next day)
  • Reservation is opened with click on manage
  • under properties tab the departure date is prolonged for one night
  • no warning appears that there is no availability, it only shows that the change was successfull
  • the timeline, however, now shows that we are overbooked

I do have two big problems with that:

• Everybody, no matter the role and rights can overbook the hotel via this way
  • there is no warning whatsoever, that the hotel will be overbooked when prolonging this guest’s stay

Does anybody know a way how to avoid this? Please do not say, check availability first ;). 

Thank you and kind regards
Tobias

icon

Best answer by Mick 27 January 2023, 00:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @tobiaskoehler

This is a 🐛and not a feature that can be enabled or disabled. I've raised it with support a few times, it has been fixed but seems to creep back in to the system. 

I first raised this in July 2021 & a fix was deployed, recently we noticed it again & i submitted a ticket in December 2022, the last response from support was last week that the developers were looking investigating. 

Userlevel 3

Hi @Mick,

thx for your insights. Good to know. I raised that with support as well. Will keep you posted what the reply is. 

Userlevel 2

Hello @tobiaskoehler and @Mick , 

This is Alex from Mews Support team. I agree with you that this should not be possible to overbook property like this. As you mentioned this has been raised with our Tech team and they will be looking closer into this issue later this year.  We will keep you posted about any progress made regarding this issue :) 

Best regards,
Alex
Mews team