Solved

New bookable Service

• 19 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello there,

Some of our rooms are used as meeting rooms quite often during the week. I understood that in that case it’d be better to create a new bookable service in order to registrate these time slots. However it is not really clear to me how I’ve to set this up.
Someone has some experience with this ?

icon

Best answer by Joanna.Svehlova 20 December 2022, 13:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Damien,

Thank you for contacting Mews Community. 

It seems our community is busy with festive preparations, so I will step in ;) 

I am sending the guidance below on how to set it up in 7 steps. 
https://help.mews.com/s/article/create-new-bookable-services?language=en_US

For meeting rooms, you shall choose a bookable period Day. 

Once you create new bookable services, set them up by following the same steps as when creating your original stay service:

Please let me know if my guidance help or if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for raising it.

Warm regards,

Joanna 🌹

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Damien,

are you still facing difficulties with the meeting rooms? Happy to elaborate incase you still need some help.

Please keep in mind (this is a problem we faced): Incase you have a city tax integration (e.g. Feratel in Austria), reduce the departure date to the same day or do NOT check in the meeting room. Otherwise the amount of guests are sent over via the integration and you pay city tax for it.

Greetings,
Eric

Userlevel 3

Hi @Eric Kröll ,

thx for your answer. I assume from what you are writing that you do not need to check in a bookable service in for it to still be accounted for, correct? Also does the bookable service need to be checked out?

For example I want to set up our parking spots as bookable service. I was wondering if our team now needs to check in the guest in the room and the parking spot. I can imagine that this is something people tend to forget.

Greetings,

Tobias

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @tobiaskoehler,

to be honest I am not sure how to handle parking spots as a bookable service, since we do not require the specific feature.

From what I read on the knowledgebase now, it should show the room and parking as separate reservations withing the same group. Therefor it might trigger the checkin/checkout automatically incase the guest is the same in both but it is just a guess from my side.

Here is the knowledge base article I stumbled across: https://help.mews.com/s/article/Promote-other-bookable-services-along-with-stay?language=en_US

I recommend testing it in the demo version to be sure though.

Greetings,

Eric