Solved

Mouvementlist

• 19 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi all

Right now, we are preparing to switch the housekeeping to the MEWS Commander. Until everybody is settled in well, we still have to work with printed lists, just to make sure 😉

Since the “reservation report” is the one, we’re using right now (also for reception and restaurant because we need more information than on the “guest inhouse” list), we are unhappy, that the “inouse use” rooms are not on this list. They have to be put on manually and therefore they can be forgotten.

What kind of list - if any - do you use for housekeeping?

Would like to hear, how you work with it. Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback.

Franziska G.

icon

Best answer by mauritsbots 20 April 2023, 14:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hi Franziska,

From my 15 hotels I have 8 properties using MEWS commander for their housekeeping operations.

They use a combination of the spaces report (for the daily planning) and the guest in house for the additional remarks (eg extra bed, as that is an product). 

The spaces report is not filtered to give a complete overview of room statusses. 

The guest in house is filtered to the interval and the specific products that housekeeping attends to (extra bed, late check out, rose petals on the bed etc).

Both reports are scheduled to mail and used by housekeeping manager to fill out worksheets for each housekeeper as a ‘to do list’ on the day itself. 

Userlevel 2

hi Franziska,

From my 15 hotels I have 8 properties using MEWS commander for their housekeeping operations.

They use a combination of the spaces report (for the daily planning) and the guest in house for the additional remarks (eg extra bed, as that is an product). 

The spaces report is not filtered to give a complete overview of room statusses. 

The guest in house is filtered to the interval and the specific products that housekeeping attends to (extra bed, late check out, rose petals on the bed etc).

Both reports are scheduled to mail and used by housekeeping manager to fill out worksheets for each housekeeper as a ‘to do list’ on the day itself. 

Sorry, mauritsbots, I was on holidays and couldn’t reply.

The spaces report is not filtered to give a complete overview of room statusses. The guest in house is filtered to the interval and the specific products that housekeeping attends to (extra bed, late check out, rose petals on the bed etc).
==>Since we came from a PMS that had the possibility to separate tasks for housekeeping from reception etc. I was just wondering, if it wouldn’t make sence, to add the tasks to the spaces report. But obviousely, this is not possible. 

But thank you anyway for your feedback