Skip to main content
Solved

Mews and card transactions

Hi! I'm quite new to Mews. Could anyone please tell me if there is a way of knowing if a bank account is directly linked to Mews to receive direct payments please? We have had a cancellation recently and was within 14 days of their arrival. If you go on to Charge and Close, does the payment automatically get taken via guests previously saved card and transferred in to the mews account? We usually take payments through a PDQ .

Sorry I couldn't find this answer on mews.

Thanks for any help!

Lisa

Hi! I'm quite new to Mews. Could anyone please tell me if there is a way of knowing if a bank account is directly linked to Mews to receive direct payments please? We have had a cancellation recently and was within 14 days of their arrival. If you go on to Charge and Close, does the payment automatically get taken via guests previously saved card and transferred in to the mews account? We usually take payments through a PDQ .

Thanks for any help!

Lisa

Dear @Lisa D 
  A bank account is never linked to Mews, there is only the credit card that is in Mews, there you can do a pre-authorization of the card a few days before arrival, that way you can check if the card is valid and there is enough balance on the card. Sometimes you also get the message there that the card still needs to be verified by the owner. If all is well, you can debit the card by pressing charge and close. Then the credit card will be debited for the amount on the account. This is done by a Stripa account linked to your hotel. This amount will then be deposited into your account minus the charges. Hope you got something out of my explanation?

Robin 

Thanks for any help!

Lisa

direct debit is coming according to the roadmap… but currently the only ‘direct’ method of payment is creditcards using stripe as per @barb00sa