Solved

Mews Analytics optimisation

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi all,

Is there anyone that really uses the Mews Analytics here?

In my opinion it’s way to slow. Most of the time you have to made about 10min before all data is loaded.

If you change one of the filters or want to dive deeper, it takes ages again to load… It's so bad, you often just get errors that data cannot be loaded due to a timeout. Who has time to wait so long if you just want to look something up quickly?

Anyone here that has a different experience and is actually able to use this feature properly?

icon

Best answer by vanesa 19 June 2023, 17:33

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 3

It’s a good feature, but as you explained it’s very very slow. Backend is fast and comfortable, but Analytics is really slow. Also in our system with only 10 rooms. As slow as the service from mews.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi!

Nice to meet you @MatthiasH  and @iglucamping.com. I really appreciate you letting me know about your concerns! I'm the new PM for Analytics, (a month and a half in the role 😊), and I have heard the same feedback from other customers.

I'm personally very invested in solving this issue because I know it's a major roadblock for all of you. It's not going to be easy, but I want you to know that it is a top priority for us in the coming months.

By the way, I wanted to share a tip with you. We've noticed that the Mews Analytics experiences higher usage during the weekdays, especially from 9 am to 4 pm in Europe time. If you can use the feature during "off-peak" hours, it will improve the speed and performance. Just a little insight that might help!

We'll definitely keep you in the loop about any improvements we make.  We understand how frustrating it is for you. Your feedback is incredibly valuable as we strive to improve our Analytics feature. 

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi!

Nice to meet you @MatthiasH  and @iglucamping.com. I really appreciate you letting me know about your concerns! I'm the new PM for Analytics, (a month and a half in the role 😊), and I have heard the same feedback from other customers.

I'm personally very invested in solving this issue because I know it's a major roadblock for all of you. It's not going to be easy, but I want you to know that it is a top priority for us in the coming months.

By the way, I wanted to share a tip with you. We've noticed that the Mews Analytics experiences higher usage during the weekdays, especially from 9 am to 4 pm in Europe time. If you can use the feature during "off-peak" hours, it will improve the speed and performance. Just a little insight that might help!

We'll definitely keep you in the loop about any improvements we make.  We understand how frustrating it is for you. Your feedback is incredibly valuable as we strive to improve our Analytics feature. 

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Hi @vanesa ,

Happy to read that his a top priority 😃

I would also like to add this as well;

Currently the REVPAR is incorrectly calculated all over Mews.
Rooms which are out of order are left out of the equation.
However, REVPAR calculates your revenue based on all rooms (Occupied, Empty or OOO) as this gives you an idea of the revenue for your entire property. Especially as a room not sold is lost revenue... The current data in both the Manager Report and Manager Analystics in Mews are incorrect. I also created a feedback request for it in February...

https://feedback.mews.com/forums/932128-mews-business-intelligence/suggestions/46292959-calculate-revpar-correct

Userlevel 3
Badge

@MatthiasH, I just replied to your comment in the feedback section. Interesting topic.

We are not calculating RevPar incorrectly (As far as I understand) but we are using the standard measurement:

RevPar = Revenue per "Available" Room (Available = All rooms - Non Available rooms (OOO, OOS, etc.)

As you said, some RevPar measurements include all rooms as it might be more accurate to measure the revenue. We´ll look into this in detail for future improvements.

Thanks for your feedback!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@MatthiasH, I just replied to your comment in the feedback section. Interesting topic.

We are not calculating RevPar incorrectly (As far as I understand) but we are using the standard measurement:

RevPar = Revenue per "Available" Room (Available = All rooms - Non Available rooms (OOO, OOS, etc.)

As you said, some RevPar measurements include all rooms as it might be more accurate to measure the revenue. We´ll look into this in detail for future improvements.

Thanks for your feedback!

@vanesa, thank you. Although I have to say that I and many other hoteliers will disagree with you / Mews. Generally, RevPar is always calculated on the all rooms at a hotel. The idea of RevPar is, that it gives you an idea of your investment. As a hotel you want to have 100% of your rooms filled against the best possible rate → gaining most revenue. If you have rooms that are OOO, you’re loosing money because you can’t fill your hotel to 100%. So you must keep this periods of OOO as short as possible. This is wear RevPar comes into account. If you set it against the RevPor (Revenue per Occupied room), you get a Sales Efficiency (SE) of 100% if you have a full house. Because both RevPor and RevPar will be the same. However if you have some rooms OOO and all the other rooms sold, they will be different and your SE will be lower. Although if calculated properly, which is now not the case in mews.

Here’s an example.

Let’s say that you bought a hotel of 4 rooms. Then you want to know how much revenue each room is making. If you can only sell 2 rooms due to 2 rooms OOO, your RevPar will be much higher with the current way that Mews is calculating, but it gives you a bad idea of how your business is doing.

• 4 rooms sold at € 100 // Total RoomRev € 400
    • RevPor = € 100
    • RevPar = € 100
    • SE = 100%
  • 1 room OOO, 3 rooms sold at € 100 // Total RoomRev € 300
    • RevPor = € 100
    • RevPar = € 75 » normal calculation → SE: 75%
    • RevPar in Mews = € 100 → SE: € 100%
  • 1 room OOO, 2 rooms sold at € 150 // Total RoomRev: € 300
    • RevPor = € 150
    • RevPar = € 75 » normal calculation → SE: 50%
    • RevPar in Mews = € 100 → SE: 66,67 %

I’m open to discuss this further in a meeting you would like too.

Kind regards,

Matthias

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @MatthiasH,

Very insightful! Thank you so much for the detail. Absolutely agree in that we can improve the way to measure the business performance and I really liked the combination of the metrics you proposed.

I would love to set up a meeting with you. I will contact you in private

Have a nice day!

Userlevel 2

In addition to the speeds. I’ve also found that the data in Mews Analytics is not updated instantaneously we are US based and if I want to look at pickup data from the day prior, it does not reflect all the reservations booked the previous evening until around noon the next day. We have 10+ properties in Mews and if I want to view any data in the morning I’ve had to scheduled reservation reports and compile all my data manually.

Userlevel 4

Agree that it takes soooo long to load! 

We also would love to see the underlying data, so often we cannot match the figures in analytics to another report so it is hard to trust the numbers. We are really missing seeing how the numbers are made up, which reservations, data etc.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Analytics in its current form is a mess - besides the enourmous loading time, the figures dont match reports (like @Sam also stated). Also, when opening the BI tool, first it loads the entire (connected) enterprise - and with only 5 hotels connected from my chain of 15.. i am looking at a loading screen for minutes.. But according to Pepe, @vanesa is going to change all that these coming months. Looking very much forward to that!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi!,

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

@jrturner91 I wasn´t aware of this! I´ll take a look 

@Sam @mauritsbots It´s a big problem that you can´t trust us! I know that the lack of consistency between reports is primarily due to filters/settings/naming consistency, but still, we need to simplify and unify. Completely agree with you.

About the time to load, we have already started to work on this. So, step by step, we will reduce it 💪

Hi All! 

I am reaching out to ask if there is anyone, who could help me to better understand MEWS analytics. We have a bit of complexity as our inventory is spited into 3 tier system. We are not able to extract any report with a data shows actual room nights figures. 

However, from all your messages above I think I can’t be optimistic as I can see a lot people with similar issue in this subject. 🤔

If anyone would be interested to contact me, please feel free to drop me a message. :)

Thank you! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Alina HP!

I think this might be a different topic but really glad you wrote.  

I would love to discuss with you about the topic in depth to understand the problem. I will write you in private to set up a meeting as soon as possible. thanks!