Solved

Media Stay

• 4 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello Mews team,

I wanted to see if anyone had a suggestion on how to better classify media stays. For example, we had an influencer stay with us, and all expenses were comped. I created a product to zero out all her charges. Would this be the best way to track these types of reservations and show at the end of the year how much has been spent on marketing?

I appreciate your help and collaboration on how to improve this system, for a freshman at Mews University!

icon

Best answer by Mick 5 February 2024, 08:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

HI @HAlvarez

Using a product to offset the accomodation charge will work to a degree, however in an accounting report/GL it will show as a negative figure which you would neeed to negate when entering into your accounting system which your accounts team may not like.. 

2 other options that may work for you

1. Use an external payment method that is not in use, add an accounting category for Marketing & assign to that external payment method that is not in use. ie. Unspecified or Bacs
  2. Create a paymaster called Marketing, pay off with a work credit card and assign that invoice in your accouting system to marketing

Here is a feature request to create custom payment methods, if you think it would be good to have a Marketing or Influencer payment method it would be good to throw your votes on. 

I hope this helps, let me know if that doesn’t make sense. 

This is great, thank you! I was attempting to find more details on the first option you presented, but I was unable to do so. Is there a page I could visit to learn more about how to use it? In addition, I use the product a lot. When we first migrated all of our reservations to Mews, the rates didn’t match up. So, I created an adjustment product to offset the rate. For example, Mews showed that the guest owed $200, but in reality, everything was already paid for. So, I used the adjustment product that I made to zero out the balance. Would you say that this is the best way to do it, or do you recommend the first option for this as well? Would love to read more into this, so I could better understand what you’re recommending and make Mews more efficient for myself and my team. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We made a profile called “Marketing”. Whenever we have an influencer stay, we can transfer that bill to the Marketing profile and at EOY, the revenues were calculated onto the marketing department. Yet, for ADR/OCC, it was still calculated properly in the system.