Solved

Mail Templates champion needed

• 10 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Alright, who is a champion on the Mail Templates?

Essentially, I assume (and we all know how good that is) that if I see a mail template, in the list, it is being sent out. There is no way to draft as I do not see a on/off switch, is that the case?

As well, I see something on the list, buuuuuut I know it isn't being sent out. What’s the deal with that?

Finally, can we create new ones or only work with the list that is there?

Luv,

Dan

icon

Best answer by Mick 11 January 2023, 03:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

G’day @DanS.

I’ve done a bit of work with email.

This article lists every email that Mews sends out to guests, I find this in conjunction with the stay settings the optimal way to establish which emails are sent out & by what trigger. 

The Mail Template page was updated late last year to display all email templates, it now displays which ones have been customised & provides a preview option. Previously the page only listed emails that you had customised, around the same time, Mews released the ability to configure all templates which is a really great feature, it now enables us to ensure all email communications are sent in line with brand & tone. 😍

I think the Mail Template page could be improved to include an enabled/disabled flag to make it a bit clearer as to which emails are enabled/disabled. Feel free to throw some love behind this feature request I just created.

Unfortunately there is no draft or versioning system in place. In order to test the Confirmation email, I use production Mews, open Mews in 2 tabs, 1st tab on the Confirmation Template & 2nd tab on the mail tab of a reservation, I quickly update the html code & save on tab 1 & then on tab 2 send the confirmation email using the custom email feature & send to test accounts, i then revert tab 1 back to the previous template code & save. I test with outlook, Gmail from Mews as that covers most templates and run the html code through litmus.

It can also be done from Mews Demo, whilst the demo account does not actually send emails, you can update the template & create reservations which trigger the emails & then review in the mail queue, although this shows how the email renders in Mews and not necessarily how it will render in a email client. 

At this stage, there is no way to create bespoke emails / triggers, well none that i have heard of yet. 🤔

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to jump on a call. 

Warm Regards from down under, 
Mick

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey Mick,

This will take a lot to unpack but good stuff right here…. thanks.

I wouldnt mind jumping on a zoom to see how you jump back and forth here. Feel free to email me for next week at [email protected] and we can find a time. Much appreciated.