Skip to main content
Solved

Live price on website

• 29 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey, 

We are using in our Hotel a Screen that you can basically set up yourself with different content also depending on what day it is. 

One thing i am trying to do is showing the live prices for direct booking but there is no way to scrape the prices.

Did anyone ever manage that? Also would like to put the live prices on the website without clicking through the booking eninge . 

Is it possible to have a widget for that? Or is there any other way? 

Curious if anyone ran into that. 

Cheers 

Hendrik

Hi @Hendrik Renken,

Thanks for reaching out!

You have two options to display the prices you want: either by using the Connector API or the Booking Engine (BE) API. It would be this call for BE API or this one with Connector. Either way you'll need to develop the interface yourself.

If you're looking for a quicker certification process, I'd recommend using the BE API. With the BE API, you can retrieve the prices you want by making a specific call.

To better assist you, it would be helpful if you could provide more details about how you'd like the prices to be displayed. Are you looking to give customers the ability to select a rate first or do you prefer to show the cheapest rate in a calendar view? Will the view display weekly, monthly, or perhaps two months at a time?

By understanding your requirements, we can offer more tailored advice on how to format the API calls. Feel free to share any additional information, and we'll be glad to assist you further!

Hi @Hendrik Renken,

hope you are doing fine! 

Did you manage to check my colleagues reply above? 

Waiting for your reply and if you are on a holiday, have a wonderful time! 🌴🌞

Hey, 

Awesome! Thanks for the answer @David.Womack.

The way I wanted it to have is to show the live pricing, what is is at the moment for of our Rates for example our “flexible rate”. 
We have a big screen in the entrance area and i would like to  let the “walk in guests” know what the price would be when they book at this moment. 

Hey @Hendrik Renken Thanks for your reply 😀

I would say that if you want the screen to just show live prices for, for example, the next week for each space category at each rate in a sort of table it would be best to use connector API. You could hook into websockets to be notified any time rate pricing is updated and then use rates/getpricing to get the new price for that rate on that date and update the table.

But if this is a touch screen that will be more interactive with a flow similar to that of the booking engine for consulting prices for selected dates/categories it would be better to use Booking Engine API and services/getpricing once the customer has selected the dates and space category (space category is optional so you could set it to show all categories for selected dates) they’d like to see.

I hope this is clear. Let me know if you have any further questions.