Solved

Late check out products

• 16 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
  • Superstar Contributor
  • 66 replies

Hi all,

Has anyone created a way to automate when a product for a late check-out is sold via the booking engine or online check-in, to have the departure time on the reservation automatically update?

We are thinking maybe it could be possible with Zapier but its pretty difficult to set up new zaps 😅

icon

Best answer by Mariusz Maziarz 17 August 2023, 12:27

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3

We had the same issue. No chance to get this done easily… and no support from Mews. Many Hotels need this. We changed to another PMS and now have an API where we can handle this. 

Hi,

Great automation idea.  You can set it up in couple of 4 steps Zaps. I have included guides.

Some comments:

Reservations made on booking engine:

Step 1 - triggers an automation for every reservation created.

Step 2 - ensures that automation works only for reservations made via booking engine (Distributor) with late check-out product included (make sure you type the exact name of your late check-out product)

Step 3 - Calculates new departure time (depending of what you are offering in my sample above it’s additional 6 hours); make sure that “To Format” and “From Format” is YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ssZ

Step 4 - Update departure time, pick reservation Id from step 1 and reservation end from newly calculated dat/time in step 3

Late check-out added after reservation is made (i.e. online check-in):

Step 1 - triggers an automation for every updated reservation

Step 2 - ensures that automation works only for updated reservations with late check-out product included and departure time not updated

Step 3 and 4 - same as above

Please comment in case you have some further questions.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Mariusz Maziarz  

Thanks for the 2 attachment, only when i click on the tap “link to ZAP template” i have the following message:

Unable to access Zap

You either don’t have permission to see this Zap or the Zap does not exist. Please try reloading the page or switching to a different account.

Switch accounts

@barb00sa you should not need to see the Zaps as screenshots I provided in the files contain all settings required. However if what I provided is not sufficient let me know and I will figure out the way to share it :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Mariusz Maziarz  Thanks for the help 😊

Userlevel 4

Hey Mariusz,

Thanks for the step by step guide, this is a lifesaver! 

As we may reach our zap limit quite fast, still hoping for a Mews solution soon 🤞

Userlevel 4

Hi all,

Has anyone come up with another solution for this other than Zapier? Unfortunately it creates way too many zaps and costs a fortune. 

Love to see how others are changing the departure time when late check outs are added 😁

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi all,

Has anyone come up with another solution for this other than Zapier? Unfortunately it creates way too many zaps and costs a fortune. 

Love to see how others are changing the departure time when late check outs are added 😁

i agree with @Sam, using Zaps is amazing but the cost is simply not worth the work it saves. Is MEWS considering altering their own functionality to include such automations?

@mauritsbots @Sam Hello! Thank you for your questions and the suggestion. We really appreciate the feedback :) 

We definitely have plans on implementing an automation that would change early check-in/late check-out times. At the moment we don’t have a set deadline, but our Guest Journey product teams will be looking into the same in the first half of next year. If you would be interested in being a part of the discovery process, we will keep that in mind and reach out to you once our teams begin working on this :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@mauritsbots @Sam Hello! Thank you for your questions and the suggestion. We really appreciate the feedback :) 

We definitely have plans on implementing an automation that would change early check-in/late check-out times. At the moment we don’t have a set deadline, but our Guest Journey product teams will be looking into the same in the first half of next year. If you would be interested in being a part of the discovery process, we will keep that in mind and reach out to you once our teams begin working on this :) 

always! let me know