Solved

Kiosk - New Key

• 11 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

For online check-in, you now have the choice of checking in with your name + booking number or just your surname.
I don't understand why both are required when creating just the key. If a guest has lost their room card, they don't automatically have their booking number to hand. Can this also be changed for the key setting? It doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by alzbeta skrabalkova 11 December 2023, 16:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Jasmin H.

thank you for the question. 

I understand that it would be more convenient to retrieve a lost key simply with your surname. However, for security reasons it would be very risky. A guest could simply have access to other rooms just because they know somebody else’s last name (such as friend, colleague, or anyone else) without the consent of the person staying in the room. That is why there should be at least two factors to authenticate the guest in order to grant them access to a room (in this case, a surname and a reservation number). 

Hope it’s clear :) 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @alzbeta skrabalkova 

But then it makes more sense to ask for personal information, such as your birthday, than the confirmation number. Or a resend button for the booking number. 
This is not an advantage for us, because guests still call at night because they can't find the booking number. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Jasmin H.

I understand. Currently, in order to authenticate the guest we need to use a piece of information that MUST be attached to the guest/ reservation. If you check in a guest in person, there is no guarantee that you collected their birthday (and in some legal environments it is not obligatory at all), same with address or other personal details. 
That is why we currently can use the only data that we know for sure exist - which is the booking number. 

The team is however looking into other solutions how to deal with situations like you described, so we’ll hopefully be able to offer more options. 

Hope it helps :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hi @alzbeta skrabalkova I can only comment that adding that ‘resend confirmation’ button would be a very nifty and especially fast solution for this? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @mauritsbots

I’ll make sure to share this with the team for consideration :) 

Thank you!