Solved

Kiosk and Expedia

• 29 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there i have multiple questions and issues at our property A Hotels City.

We have a kiosk from Mews so guests can check in and make room keys themselves.

Here comes the issues;

Expedia Collect bookings:

Issue; 

We've set up routing rules for Expedia collect bookings but many of the bookings we get doesn't get moved automatically to the travel agency which then asks the guest for a payment while checking in from the kiosk.

Q.; 

Why do some get moved and some doesn't?

Preauthorisation;

Issue;

At our property, we take a preauthorisation of 500DKK before check in for each reservation. We've set up scheduled payments so that the preauthorisation is made at check in time (2pm). This rule only works if the guest have entered a valid card and not all of our guests put in their card info while making the reservation. But while checking in from the kiosk, the guest can get their room keys even without a preauthorisation which should not be possible.

Q.;

Is there a way to force the guests to put in card info for the preauthorisation or have the kiosk to ask/take the preauthorisation while checking in?

For now, we are unfortunately forced to still have receptionist sitting at the desk to help the guests and manually handle these issues which we didn't meant to have since we shifted to Mews as we got told that a receptionist free hotel is completely possible with mews .

Maybe we need more integrations but I don't know exactly which one's that can help us with the above-mentioned issues.

Best regards

Zoheb Latif

icon

Best answer by coline.poussiere 3 January 2024, 09:12

View original

4 replies

So it seems like no-one is able to help or have the same issues?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Zoheb L 

For the issue with the routings, I believe it would be best to send a detailed example for investigation.

Regarding authorization, the Kiosk cannot at present handle authorizations, though I believe that has indeed been requested by multiple customers already and will be looked over by our product team in the future

As you pointed out, the current solution you have in place will only work if the customer provided a card for that specific reservation, and Mews has no way to force the customer to do so; the only thing we can do is invite them to check in online which will ask them to confirm their credit card details.

Coline

Hi @Zoheb L 

For the issue with the routings, I believe it would be best to send a detailed example for investigation.

Regarding authorization, the Kiosk cannot at present handle authorizations, though I believe that has indeed been requested by multiple customers already and will be looked over by our product team in the future

As you pointed out, the current solution you have in place will only work if the customer provided a card for that specific reservation, and Mews has no way to force the customer to do so; the only thing we can do is invite them to check in online which will ask them to confirm their credit card details.

Coline

I've already sent examples before to support, never got any help since the routing rules are set up correctly. Don't know for now where the issue is but I'll happily send examples again if you'll send me a mail.

Regarding preauthorisation, when will that feature be available? 

And what can we do for now to have a reception-free experience? 

If the routing rules weren't having any issues and the kiosk would be able to take preauthorisations, then all of our problems would be solved and we could have a reception-free self-service hotel which was our initial plan by shifting to mews. Unfortunately it seems like mews isn't the correct solution for us if this isn't soon going to be fixed...

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Zoheb L !

I just checked internally and see my colleague reached out to you, so you are in good hands now! 😊

I hope you find a solution soon :)