Skip to main content
Solved

How to leave Tip at Check Out Kiosk

• 16 August 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi everybody

Is there an option to add a Tip during the Check Out Process on the MEWS Kiosk?

Until now we just can add it to the minibar products, but as we do not have minibars in our rooms, it does not make a lot of sense there. 

Best practise would be to have a “add tip” section on the Mews Payment Terminal.

Can this be done somehow?

Thank you

Dominik

Hi Dominik,

Tipping is not yet possible via Stripe Terminals in PMS/Kiosk. This feature is only available on POS and ask for tip at the end of the payment process. 

Hi Dominik, Great question - not currently available but a great feature request that I see you’ve already raised here 

Hello!

I would like to add, that it would also be nice to have such a feature during online CheckOut. Actually, it should be pretty easy to develop. There is the existing feature to claim services/products (additional services) during online CheckOut. However, currently products under additional service may only have a fixed price. I suggest to extend this functionality similar to service attached products to also have the ability to make them calculate relatively based on the total service charges.

This way we could for example set it up like this and have a nice product claim of

Tip / Gratuity

→  add 1% Tip
     →  add 2% Tip
     →  add 5% Tip

at Online CkeckOut. I bet most would select 2% (or whatever is the middle option) :-)

Maybe some nice remark on the CheckOut page “Would you like to add some tip”?

There is also a feature request over here: https://feedback.mews.com/forums/918232-property-operations-pms/suggestions/43088394-tip-online-check-out#comments

I think this would be easier to implement than with the terminal, because it only needs to be implemented on the MEWS side, no terminal software involved, right? However, I agree that on the terminal it would reach more customers… also during the actual terminal payment people do not really pay attention to the display on the terminal (I wonder if they check the actual amount ...), they would be confused be a step like “would you like to add some tip”? And how much? To much decisisons for the stressful payment, i guess.

Kind regards,

Jean-Philipp.