Solved

How do I stop overbooking?

• 16 November 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, is there a way to turn off the Overbooking function?
We’re a small property with very different categories, we therefore do not want to be able to be overbooked as guests choose & book the category they want - and so usually do not want to upgrade to a higher category.
For example we have just had an overbooking for one category which is a room but the higher category is a self catering house!  
We are on diffusive.

thank you so much in advance!

icon

Best answer by alexey.muel 16 November 2023, 16:25

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Georgina,

I appreciate you reaching out with your inquiry!

To prevent the automatic upgrading of overbooked spaces within a particular category to a higher category, please adjust your Stay settings (Bookable Service) to 'Discrete.' By doing so, overbookings will impact only the specific category that has been overbooked.

For additional details, you're welcome to visit this link: Stay settings - Bookable service settings (see Subpoint 2.8).

Hope this helps! 

Best, 
Alexey

Userlevel 2

Hi Alexey

Thank you so much for your reply.  I was a little confused by the Knowledge Base article on this as it states that Discrete will increase risk of overbooking so avoided that! So that is great to know.  And just to confirm unless we have availability in that category, with Discrete overbooking will not happen?

Thank you again

Georgina

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Georgina,

By choosing the "Discrete" setting, the system will consider only the spaces within the specific category requested. For instance, if a double room is booked and none are available, the system will record an overbooking for that particular category of space.

On the other hand, with the "Diffusive" setting enabled, any overbookings will automatically be allocated to the next higher category of space. This effectively helps to avoid overbookings within the original category by shifting them to a superior one.

Best,
Alexey

Userlevel 2

thank you Alexey, is there a way to stop overbookings entirely.  As in your example above, can we not allow the double room to be booked if none are available?
thank you in advance

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Georgina F,

It's unusual for overbookings to happen. I recommend reaching out to Mews Support at [email protected] for assistance. They're equipped to delve into this issue and can offer you tailored advice and solutions. 

Hope this helps! 

Best, 
Alexey

Userlevel 2

Hi Alexey

Thank you again for your help. We have been in touch with support on this but unfortunately we haven’t had any clarity - we are receiving lots of overbookings and are getting lots of unhappy guests understandably!  Please could we have some help on this!

Thank you so much.

Georgina

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Georgina F,

thank you for pointing this out, I am now talking to the team internally and also checking your support ticket. 

I will do my best to investigate the issue as soon as possible 🙌

Thank you for your patience! 

Userlevel 2

Thank you Marketa, we are really hoping for a resolution soon!  Thankyou

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Georgina F,

I was checking the support ticket and saw your colleague confirming all is sorted now! 🙌

I am glad you were able to find a solution, let me know if you need anything else 😉

Userlevel 2

thank you, we are so pleased this is now sorted! your help is much appreciated