Skip to main content
Solved

How do I remove a cancelled room from a group reservation?

• 22 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Is there a way to remove a cancelled room from a group reservation?  It is getting a bit confusing with it hanging out at the bottom of the right-hand pane.  There is nothing I can see to be done with it there, and our front desk people are being overwhelmed.

I’d love to even move it to another group.  Is there a way to move a single room off of a group to another?

As I type this, I’m sure there must be?

Hi @Ethros , 

Afraid, I do not think it is possible, you’re able to add reservations to a group but not separate them. 

Regards

Thanks @Mick 

Is my team in the minority by getting confused via the cancelled reservations still being attached to the group?

E

Hey @Ethros 
You won’t be able to remove cancelled bookings from group reservations but I do have good news. With the new grouping feature in reservation module, Cancelled reservations are made  less obstructive and you can now filter out your cancelled bookings.
In general we believe that cancelled reservations should stay there to allow for conversion reporting and make it clearer what happened during the lifetime of reservation groups.
Here’s further detail of this new enhancement
I hope this helps you and the team...

A bit better - and interesting timing!

I’m guessing our staff will still be confused! LOL!

What is the point of having the cancelled reservations there?  There is nothing you can do with them anyways.  They cannot be reinstated, can the?

By keeping cancelled reservations there, you then have visibility of all activity on the booking. 
If it’s still causing confusion and issues with your team, best thing I can suggest is to raise it in the Product Ideas Forum so that our team can review your use case and consider it for future iterations of the functionality. Thanks 🙂

Hi @Sarah.Masterton-Brown 

Has there been any movement on this?

We are again faced with trying to remove a reservation from a Group.

The guest booked with the group, paid his share, and now has requested changes that make them independent.

How do we separate this reservation from the group they are no longer a part of?

Thank you

Ethan

Hey @Ethros  I checked in again on this one for you. There are no further planned changes to cancelled reservations in groups along these lines.
What do you mean by the guest now has requested changes that make them independent? There is a feature request for what you’re trying to do - I encourage you to add your use case there for the benefit of the product team when they review it. 

Hi @Sarah.Masterton-Brown 

Apologies in advance if the below seems off in any way.  I’m trying to explain my thinking in a message :)

I’m not trying to cancel a reservation; I’m trying to move it out of a group.

The guest WAS part of a group.

They are now NOT part of a group.

They made a reservation IN the group.

They then changed their dates; and are now NOT coming with the group.

This is why I now call them an INDEPENDENT reservation.

They have no more ties to the group.

If I cancel the reservation and make a new one, it is a bit confusing as 

1. That is not what is actually happening
  2. Their cancelled reservation will still show as a part of the group → Confusing our Front Desk Staff.

We try to follow the “golden rule” which is to record in MEWS what happens in real life.  To NOT try and outsmart the system.

In this case, it seems we cannot do that.

Am i being confusing?

Thanks

Ethan

I understand @Ethros but sadly the group reservations don’t behave in this way right now. Your best option is to cancel the booking from the group and recreate it outside of the group. And please do add your feedback/use case on the feature request. 🙏