Skip to main content
Solved

Housekeeping Team has full rights to view Manager Reports, finance,... ?

• 16 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Good Day.
When my housekeeping team members log into their accounts on a PC (not in the mobile APP), they can browse through all manager reports, financial details etc.
Yes, I double checked if the rights setting is made for “Housekeeping only”.
Just that one box is checked.
Any idea why that is possible ?
have a great day.
Carsten

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello!

Unfortunately, MEWS’ houskeeping features are very limited. I’d recommend looking at some third party integrations that do a much better job, and don’t require MEWS accounts for housekeeping staff.
Browse the marketplace for, e.g. Sweeply, Hotelkit, …
Regards,

Jean-Philipp.

Userlevel 1

This is the answer I got from MEWS support. 

Dear Carsten,
Thank you for contacting Mews Support. I hope you are having a lovely day. My name is Elena and I will be taking care of your request regarding housekeeping user permission. 

At the moment users do not require special permissions to access these reports. I understand that this may be very inconvenient. I have discussed this with our Product Managers, they are aware of the issue and are already working on improving it. 

I am sorry that I was not able to help you more. For now, I can only suggest you let your housekeeping team use the app exclusively and avoid logging in from a PC. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
If something is not clear, or you need any further assistance, please let me know and I will be very happy to assist.

Warm regards,
Elena

So, if Hotel A want to know whats going on in Hotel B, Hotel A must only talk to a roomkeeper because Hotel A hopes that roomkeepers only login via the App and NEVER log in via a PC….
Are you kidding ?
Even if there are better solutions for roomkeepers (thanks you Jean-Philipp for the hints), MEWS should be aware about the open Data. And I beleive not all MEWS users using the roomkeeper function are aware of it.
I can work around with using email addresses that I created for my roomkeepers. but then they can not log in for the tutorials……
come on, MEWS must change that and close the leak !

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Carsten,

It is true, currently, users with housekeeping permissions can access some financial reports, in particular, the following ones: accounting ledger, payment card report, payment report, and posting journal. 

I completely agree that these users should not have access to these reports. We acknowledge that and we are actively working on implementing a more detailed permission system to restrict access for specific roles. This is a high-priority task for us, and we appreciate your feedback, which has been delivered to our product teams; they are aware of how significant this is, and they are doing everything they can to have it done as soon as possible (however, I do not have any time estimate to share with you at the moment). 

I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We are working on resolving this. Meanwhile, if you have any questions or need assistance (for example with selecting an integration partner), please let me know and I will reach out to you.  

Warm regards,
Elena 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

haha in dutch we call this ‘leak as a basket'.. but yeah, been like this since ages. dont forget to have a good look at Flexkeeping for your housekeeping also.