Solved

Hide rates for Online Check-in

• 11 January 2024
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, 

is there a way to hide rates for online check-in? Particularly for OTA bookings where the OTA collects the payment, or for wholesale rates where the Agent marked up the rate?

icon

Best answer by gabriela.smrckova 24 January 2024, 17:47

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello @M_belanger 

I think you can edit the e-mail template in the guest experience part of the Property so the rate does not appear and you can check also if your visit options are ok

See here: https://help.mews.com/s/article/customize-your-emails?language=en_US

Hope this helps. There might be a better solution but nothing comes to mind right now 😅

Bye bye

Stephane

Userlevel 2

Thanks Stephane, 

this might work, but for most guests booking and paying at hotel, we still want to show the rate on the confirmation email. 

I’ll keep exploring. 

Michael

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi, 

is there a way to hide rates for online check-in? Particularly for OTA bookings where the OTA collects the payment, or for wholesale rates where the Agent marked up the rate?

Hello!

I am wondering the same - very strange that it’s not possible to have a placeholder that shows arrival dates and all, but not prices … this is a must have! There is allready a freature request at feedback.mews.com here https://feedback.mews.com/forums/955598-mews-guest-journey/suggestions/38988640-send-confirmation-without-rates

Be sure to vote it up, and possibly also bring this up with customer support.

Regards,

Jean-Philipp.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Aldair Borges @alzbeta skrabalkova @j.spiess @M_belanger @MarketaOupi 

Well, I understand there is an ongoing project to improve the rates setup regarding settlement and cancelation rules.

Maybe, I said “maybe” it might be possible to add the possibility to adapt the guest journey e-mails in regards on which rate and/or travel agent is selected. Like a box option to tick or an option to choose from a scrolling menu like “Keep default” (meaning send all the information), “Hide Rate”, etc…

Don’t know if it is helpful, but I thought it could as the post on the Product Idea Forum is almost 4 year old... 😅

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@smehia@M_belanger Well, yeah, right... really disappointing that it takes so long to get such a basic thing in place... I understand that offering options to select/deselect certain details in the {reservationDetailsHtml} placeholder is difficult, especially if it is going to be rate based or based on associated travel agent profiles.

However, a reasonable stopgap approach would be to offer more placeholders for each detail, so that we could at least compromise on the details and include only those that are important to all guests... so in the confirmation email we could include full details, as this mail is usually only sent for direct bookings. And for the "before start" mail, we could only include arrival/departure dates and maybe the number of people. Price details are irrelevant at this point in the guest's journey anyway, and it would work for all guest sources, including VCC paid, corporate paid, or OTA paid reservations.

For example, we do have {arrivalDate} in many templates available, but not in the “before start” templates - why (not)?! This should be really easy to implement, and would greatly help, IMHO...

There is another feature request for more placeholders that you might want to support ... :-)

https://feedback.mews.com/forums/955598-mews-guest-journey/suggestions/38936917-adding-additional-placeholders-to-emails

Regards,

Jean-Philipp

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@j.spiess 

I get what you mean and agree with you

I’ve just voted for the feature request 😉

Let’s just keep hope that those ideas are still taken into account (or at least read by the admin and developpers 😅), and that is is only of matter of time for them to be implemented in the future

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 2

Thanks for all the feedback. I did upvote the two threads. 

At the same time, this should go beyond the confirmation letter, and be part of the configuration at rate level, especially if one wants to use online checkin too. The rate shouldn’t be visible online for some groups, OTAs and Agent rates. 

I’ve added another post for voting to add this function at configuration level. 

https://feedback.mews.com/forums/955598-mews-guest-journey/suggestions/47644676-hide-rate-for-online-check-in

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@M_belanger 

I Just voted for it too 😉

Bye bye

Stephane

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @M_belanger,

Sorry for the late reply, but I hope to bring some good news to the discussion at the end. We do provide support here; however, the solution is not as straightforward as you may think, as it happens in the background.

So, how it works? There are two placeholders that normally carry the price: {reservationDetailsHtml} and {summaryHtml}. Instead of adding new placeholders, we have introduced logic for conditional displaying for these placeholders. If the reservation is confirmed and there are applicable routing rules, we do not show the price in either of those placeholders. Therefore, you do not set this up in the Email templates section of Mews but your set-up of the Routing rules has impact on emails too (more information on routing rules here).

If there was a case when you had the routing rules set up, and yet any of these placeholders display the price against the routing rules, please let me know, and we would investigate this. Also, let me know if that does not fully solve the issue.

Thank you for your patience,

Gabriela

Hello to the group
I just checked with 2 TA we have setup different routing rules

e-mail to booker does show room rate, and it only shows the total of the rate/sum even including itmes which are not routed to TA (company) and for which they will not pay (actual billing is done correctly)

e-mail to guest does NOT show anything, which is OK for a start

It is OK for a start, but as previous contributors did mention, it would really help to be able to choose (at time of reservation or at time of sending e-mail) which information goes to whom and inform guests (those people actually sleeping at our hotels) what they will have to pay for

Thank you for your interest and best regards

Roland