Skip to main content

Hi can anyone help?

we had a guests physical card charged when there was a virtual on their file, when the checked in online. Is this something that is common?

did you check your routing rules? are these set properly?

yes as far as I can see we can’t change the settings.

The guests card they added when checking in online was charged rather than the virtual card made with the booking. 

Is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen when a virtual card is on their booking without making payments manual

id reach out to support, perhaps a bug, perhaps a misconfig

thank you

Y E S  !!!! 

We have this problem to!!! 

All our reservations from Booking.com is NOT following the routing rules that have been set up AND working for over 3 years…..

Our flexible rates are supposed to become non refundable → charged to the BdC virtuel card latest midnight 48 hours prior to arrival date; and our non refundables are supposed to be charged directly upon booking/at confirmation….

see below ex from the system:

Rate Flexible rate room only OTA

Arrival 2024-10-20 14:00:00 Sunday

Departure 2024-10-23 11:00:00 Wednesday

Reservation source

Booking.com

Created

2024-10-09 20:51:33

Scheduled payments & preauthorizations

Reservation number Rule Type

Estimated time

Actions

100 %, Start

Payment

2024-10-21 06:00:00

The scheduled payments all of a sudden  says payment THE DAY AFTER ARRIVAL at 06:00.

We have checked EVERYWHERE - we can not find anything that says; charge day after arrival 06. We have not done ANY changes anywhere in the system (MEWS) !!!!!! We have not done any changes in Booking.com system - no changes in the channel manager(Ratetiger)  - nothing…..

Our non-refundables, are still charged directly after booking to the virtual card --- BUT--- the problem is that the system AGAIN charges the reservation; day after arrival at 06:00. And now the system charges the guests credit card. They all get this “schedulad payment day after at 06”… So LOADS of guests have come by the reception asking why we charge twice; “i have paid to Bdc and now i have gotten charged again here in the hotel”…..

We have tried contacting MEWS TWICE - they have NOT ANSWERED BACK!!!! We dont know what to do… 

H E L P!

Regards fr Copenhagen/ Maria

Hi  @Yvette Dine , 
Thank you for your question. 

Currently, when a guest adds their credit card through the guest portal, it overrides the VCC and becomes the primary card for that reservation. This means the guest’s card is charged instead of the VCC, which I believe is what you’re experiencing at your property.

We understand that this may not be ideal, and I want to assure you that we are actively working on improvements. The necessary changes should be deployed very soon, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

In the meantime, you can verify which card is designated as the primary payment method for the reservation by checking the “payment card” section on the reservation screen. The card listed there will be charged for the scheduled payment. If you notice an incorrect card, you have the option to cancel the scheduled payment.

Image_2024-10-08_17-23-07.png

Rest assured, we are committed to enhancing this process, and I will provide an update here as soon as the changes are implemented. We also discussed this matter with @M Wackerfeldt via email yesterday.

If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Warm regards,

Hi 🌸 

I’m pleased to inform you that the issue with VCCs has been resolved.

Please note that bookings created before the fix may still have payments scheduled to the incorrect card if the guest has added their card via the guest portal. I recommend double-checking these bookings manually. All new bookings will be charged as expected.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Warm regards,