Skip to main content

Hi everybody!

I’m experience a new issue in which when I import groups with the import excel file each room is in its own separate bill instead of grouped with with the other rooms in the group.

This is happening even though I added a group code/group name to have all rooms appear as own group reservation.

At first I thought it had something to do with the routing rules but it happens without the routing rule, too.

Anybody had any similar issues?

Hello @LuKal 

I wonder if it wouldn’t be easier to encode the group directly in Mews

You create a guest profile with the name of the group for example. Once it is done you go on the billing tab of the reservation, regroup every room under one bill and then change the owner of the bill by the company profile that bas booked the group or by the booker profile

If you do it like that, even when you will be adding the different names when receiving the rooming list (nb: there is a possibility to downlaod it and then upload it from Mews directly in the properties tab of the reservation), all the rooms will stay on the same bill and no extra billing tab will be created

Don’t know if it helps a little or not but let us know if it is convenient in your way of working with Mews 😉

Regards

Stephane

Hello @LuKal 

I wonder if it wouldn’t be easier to encode the group directly in Mews

You create a guest profile with the name of the group for example. Once it is done you go on the billing tab of the reservation, regroup every room under one bill and then change the owner of the bill by the company profile that bas booked the group or by the booker profile

If you do it like that, even when you will be adding the different names when receiving the rooming list (nb: there is a possibility to downlaod it and then upload it from Mews directly in the properties tab of the reservation), all the rooms will stay on the same bill and no extra billing tab will be created

Don’t know if it helps a little or not but let us know if it is convenient in your way of working with Mews 😉

Regards

Stephane

Hi Stephane!

Thanks for your response!

The issue is that I’m booking dozens of groups from a tour operator, so it’s much more efficient to import them. So the issue is not importing the individual guests’ names but the group itself.

Now, unfortunately, I have to reassign each room individually, meaning hundreds of them :/

I’m unsure as to why this is happening, as I’ve done it this way many times in the past without problems. 

At first I assumed it had something to do with the routing rules, but that seems not to be the case, so now I’m wondering whether I filled out the import file incorrectly (though I currently don’t see how)

Thanks anyway! :)

Cheers,

Lucy

Hello @LuKal 

I’ ve tested several things regarding your issue. Indeed it creates individual bills without regrouping them even if part of the same group.

Now I think you have to work the other way around. I Mean that you first block the rooms needed in Mews with only one guest profile composed of the group name and the stay date for example. All the rooms should then be regrouped in a “unpaid” bill

Change the owner of the bill for the travel agency 

After that, you dowload from Mews the rooming list file under the group tab

You fill it in with your rooming/name list and you import it back to Mews

All the profiles will then be created but they will remain under the same bill

Hope it helps

Regards

Stephane