Solved

German tax increase 19%

• 2 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello in the round,

We have here in Germany as of the 1.01.2024 a food tax increase from 7% to 19%, the problem that we are having is that all food products booked before the start of January for our up coming bookings have not increased to the new tax of 19% so that we have to go through all bookings individually and manuel cancel the food products and repost so that the tax changes from 7% to 19% is corrected. This is more than time consuming and wanted to ask if there is another way to bypass having to do this. In the background we have changed the tax but it seems that Mews was unable to correct the pre-exisiting posted food items from 7% to 19%. The biggest problem is that on every booking the breakfast must be corrected… which is very time consuming. 

We have tried to contact Mew Tech, but have yet to receive feedback if they can correct it, and have been informed that we should leave all bookings open until the problem is corrected. Sorry, but that is not an option for us.

icon

Best answer by Sanneke.vandenBerg 3 January 2024, 14:38

View original

2 replies

Hi Stefan,

This is Sanneke from Mews Support.

I understand that the VAT for food products like breakfast has been updated from 7% to 19% and this should be updated for existing reservations.

I wanted to share this article with you that explains how to update the VAT of open products:

Handling tax rate changes

Hopefully, this article will help you updating the VAT for already existing reservations.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best wishes,

Sanneke

Hi Stefan,

This is Sanneke from Mews Support.

I understand that the VAT for food products like breakfast has been updated from 7% to 19% and this should be updated for existing reservations.

I wanted to share this article with you that explains how to update the VAT of open products:

Handling tax rate changes

Hopefully, this article will help you updating the VAT for already existing reservations.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best wishes,

Sanneke

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much.