Solved

Flag a difficult guest

• 5 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi - 

What is the best approach to flag a difficult customer so that if they book a reservation with you in the future you will know and can make the decision to cancel them.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,   

icon

Best answer by smehia 5 February 2024, 19:00

View original

6 replies

I think I found it.. if you classify someone on a blacklist?.. wondering what that does

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello @Winterparkchateau You have also the “Problematic” one that could do

The blacklist one will block you or your team to book a room for that particular unwelcome guest like illustrated here below

but i don’t know if is gonna work if the reservation arrives through an OTA...

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Winterparkchateau,

what @smehia mentions is correct and he is right that the “Blacklisted” customer will not work when booking via OTA (meaning they can still book).

Here is more info about blacklisting.

I think the suggestion of “Problematic” is great, you can find it in the customer profile under internals tab:

Thank you! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We just blacklisted a customer last week. We allowed him to stay the final night aaaaand...

1. It was shown as blacklist when he wanted to do a room charge at the bar (Pos: Lightspeed) so was unable to charge an item to the room
  2. he used a different email address and was still able to book a room for the following day.
  3. So now my question: Does blacklist work on name or only email?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @DanS. !

so to respond to C. - the email is the unique identifier, so yes, if they use a different email, they can still book.

The name would not work as many people share the same name so we can´t blacklist every John Doe in the world 🤔

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @DanS. !

so to respond to C. - the email is the unique identifier, so yes, if they use a different email, they can still book.

The name would not work as many people share the same name so we can´t blacklist every John Doe in the world 🤔

I mean, with a name like John Doe… we should blacklist them all ;)