Skip to main content
Solved

Filtering unoccupied spaces

• 2 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi there,

how do I filter unoccupied spaces only when I want to assign a room in a reservation?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey @Sonja i think you can’t (filter). Neither in the Timeline nor in the “New Reservation” window is it possible as far as i’m aware of 🙈.

Would be a great feature though … especially in the timeline 🙂.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Sonja
Thank you for your question! 

Johannes is right, there is no way to do it with our current functionality. 
On the Timeline you can filter rooms by a space feature, floor, room category, service but not by the space status. And I agree, it would be very helpful, and it is a great idea! 

We would appreciate it if you could share your idea on our feedback page here. I checked it and it seems like nobody else has suggested this yet. 

This page is reviewed weekly by our Product Managers and we build our roadmap based on your feedback. We consider upvotes and comments for all decisions, so if you like someone else's idea, be sure to give them a thumbs up.

Thank you for helping make Mews better!

Warm regards 🌸
Elena 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I thought about a similar functionality in the timeline recently 😃 … it would be cool if you could create reservations from within the timeline. You should be able to create dateranges within the timeline and then start an reservation from there on (room, service and date already filled in from timeline). Similarly you could create an daterange in the day row to filter for available rooms for this daterange (hide unavailable or probably better sort available rooms top and booked bottom).

Heres my feedback post fort that (just the creation without the filter functionality):

https://feedback.mews.com/forums/955628-reservation-management/suggestions/48486740-create-reversation-from-timeline

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@elena.pudova the problem with timeline filters is – at least for us – that nobody uses them because they are simply too slow to use 🙈. Even to change the service, everyone clicks on the mews logo, changes the service there and then goes back to the timeline instead of using the filters 😅. It would be great if the filters could be integrated more into the layout of the timeline 😉.

Maybe they are more useful for properties with a lot more rooms 🤷‍♂️.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear @jones.eth 

Thank you for your input! This is very valuable feedback. 
I agree that using a timeline filter makes more sense for properties with a larger number of rooms. It also comes in very handy for displaying rooms with specific features, especially if the staff doesn't remember all the room features.

However, I totally understand your point. I'll make sure to pass your feedback on to our Product Team!

Thank you 🌸