Solved

Extra bed pricing per room type

• 17 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’d like your advice on the following dilemma.

We have 2 apartments, which we offer as apartments for 2 people. Each apartment has two extra bedrooms, which we open up for 3+ or 5+ guests (using extra beds function). As apartment 2 has larger extra bedrooms than the apartment 1, we would like to use different prices per extra bed (€55 per extra bed in apartment 1 and €75 per extra bed in apartment 2).

As far as I can see, it is not possible to specify extra bed price per room type (or override the extra bed price per room type).

Has anybody else had this issue, and if so how did you solve it?

I’m thinking along the following lines:

I suppose I could add a new tariff group for each apartment with it’s own tariff (based on the standard tariff), and set the extra bed price in each tariff. But that I suppose would require restrictions (to make each apartment only available to it’s dedicated tariff).

As these apartments will also be made available through channel managers (with linked tariffs, so we can disable a channel by disabling the linked channel tariff) this will complicate things more than I like (keep things simple is my device).

Is MEWS by any chance thinking of adding extra bed pricing per room?

Any advice or your views is more than welcome!

icon

Best answer by Joanna.Svehlova 20 January 2023, 15:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Luke,

Hope you having a great end of the week.

I would like to react to “Is MEWS by any chance thinking of adding extra bed pricing per room?”

Yes please, we do have certain solutions in mind.

At the moment I do not have any specific details or timeframe.

Would you mind sharing this request and the given scenario as well on our feedback page, please? 

Thank you a lot for sharing.

Joanna 🌹