Solved

External Payment - Invoice

• 2 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello everyone

We just migrated from Amadeus Idpms to Mews

One of the consequences is that some of the open receivables on our books in Amadeus were not yet balanced at the time of migration (because not paid yet). 

Recently we have received a payment for an invoice issued in June 2023

I was wondering how to post the payment in Mews. Here is the idea I thought of:

=> First: going on to the company profile - billing - open new bill

=> Then: go on payment - external - choose invoice and post a negative value of the paid amount (put a note for reference like: “ bill june 2023 Amadeus”)

=> Last: post the payment (wire transfer in this case) which would balance the bill 

What do you think? The main question here of course is: how to process the remaining receivables from the previous PMS in Mews ?😉

Thanks in advance for your help and insights

Regards

S.

icon

Best answer by delphine 6 November 2023, 16:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi S.

I think this is to check with your accounting department, depending on how they need it into their accounting system.

In one of our hotels we have corrected the amount in IDPMS and rebooked it into MEWS. Maybe you can create a specific code for that so you keep the “real” posting on the correct date.

Badge

Hi S.

@Milou is right to always consult your accounting team first. There are some dependencies which determine what the right solution is for you.

Based on the information, is it correct you track outstanding invoices in IDPMS? If so, are they also tracked in your accounting software?

If that is so, i highly recommend to add the payment and reconcile in either system. This will avoid having to create corrections.

In the case this is not possible (anymore), the only solution would be to add/create the same revenue in Mews and add the payment. This can be done in a Paymaster or guest profile. 

Please keep in mind the revenue will be posted twice in your books and should be corrected in your accounting software.

Should the information above still leave you unsure about how to proceed, please provide more information on the situation as it is. For example if you work with an integrated accounting system and where you track outstanding invoices now but also before the switch to Mews.

Looking forward to your reply!

Bram

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Smehia,

In general, all open receivables and deposits are transferred from the old PMS to the new PMS.
You deduct in the old PMS (Amadeus) and post in the new PMS (Mews).
In both cases, we use payment methods that we will never use again (external payments in Mews).
We do the same day in the 2 PMS so that we can check that we have the same amounts in both (ex: +100 in Amadeus and -100 in Mews).

What you propose is the right solution:
create a company or customer profile
make an external payment in negative (e.g. REKA)
post the payment (wire transfer in this case) which would balance the bill

In reverse for deposits
create a company or customer profile
post an external payment in positive (e.g. Cross settlement)
post the revenue when the customer books

I recommend that you also create an "Old receivable"  and “Old deposit” accounting category (check with your accounts department), and link it to your external payment in the configuration. This will allow you to have accurate reports.

As I said earlier, you need to check with your accounts department what it prefers.

kind regards,

delphine

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thank you all @delphine @Milou @bram.berenbroek for your help

This was very helpful 😁

Thanks again

S.