Skip to main content
Solved

Export guest profiles for postal mailings

• 12 July 2024
  • 6 replies

We’re pretty new with mews but it seems that the “Send marketing postal mail” guest option is pretty new because it isn’t event translated yet in the german version of mews.

We do send postal mailings and are using this option (in addition of loyalty codes which we used because send marketing postal mail was not available in the import) …

My question is:

How is it possible to export guest data for postal mails? Is there an solution for exporting all with the “Send marketing postal mail” option and/or is there an option to export profiles by loyalty code?

It seems like its not that easy to get data into mews but its even harder to get it out again 😅.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello Jones, 

Thank you for your question. 
Well spotted! the “send mail marketing” option is indeed new to our platform 😄
Currently it is not possible to have this in the different export but will add it in the future. 

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@coudert.mathias thanks for your feedback 😊. Is there a more specific timeline for that because we have a bigger campaign in sight and are not able to export our guest data right now 😱.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey @coudert.mathias i just wanted to bring this up again 😉.

Aside from an export functionality which would be great, are there any plans to support postal mailing and emailing options in the api? Seems to make sense. The API is pretty unwieldy right now, especially any kind of customer searches are extremly laborious currently because the the api supports just a pretty limited set of filters right now 🧐.

https://mews-systems.gitbook.io/connector-api/operations/customers#request

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @jones.eth thanks for the message. 
I don t have a timeline in mind unfortunately, but I added it to the backlog. Hopefully we should be able to pick it up soon. 

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @jones.eth , I know it's not a perfect solution, but maybe you are interested in sending your mailings to guests who had or have a reservation. Exporting the reservation report would give you the information “Send marketing emails” Y/N. 
Until MEWS has finalized a proper process, this might be a temporary solution. 

Just a thought which might help. 

Cheers
Claudia

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@ClaudiaM. sadly thats not possible. We have emails and postal mails so we can’t just use the other … that field is needed for our newsletter. It would be useful to have an export were we are able to export newsletter or postal mail without any other restrictions (although an additional reservation filter seems like an good idea).