Solved

Expedia is blocking mails sent by Mews

• 17 February 2024
  • 14 replies

Hi all, 

I’ve got a problem with automatic mails sent by Mews for Expedia customers.

They are all blocked by Expedia with this reason :

The file you attached to your message on Wed, 7 Feb 2024 13:17:12 GMT has the same name as a file that was already uploaded. To send your message, first change the name of the attachment then try sending it again.

After investigations, it seems that the file in question is the qrcode attached, named qrcode.png Expedia recommends that we use a unique file name per email, like qrcode_uniqueUuid.png to pass the test.

Here is their message :

• Remove the attachment / put the QR code in the body of the email if possible.
  • Add some unique identifier in the file name so it passes this validation

Does somebody expriencing the same problem ?

Thank you and have a good shift !

Regards,

David.

icon

Best answer by MarketaOupi 21 February 2024, 10:23

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I don’t have an answer, but am curious if its only me that thinks Expedia is just the worst of the bunch?

Userlevel 4

We have the same problem except we do not have a QR code on our email 😣
All Expedia could tell us is there is something wrong in the attachment format (perhaps the OCI button is the common factor we both have?)

Interested to see if anyone has come up with a solution. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi there!

Just to give a “negative” example, our mews emails are well delivered through expedia…

No QR Code here… OCI Button is not an image/attachment, so I guess that’s not the problem. 🤷

Regards,

Jean-Philipp.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello all,

thank you for this discussion! 

I was checking support tickets and did not find cases around it, so I am now trying to check internally 🙌🏻

I´ll let you know once I know more! 🧠

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @DavidM

We have disabled the QR code from our emails, is that an option for you or do you find them useful for the kiosk?

I have noticed previously that the QR code although embeded by placeholder in the email also attaches to the email. 

Here is a guide about the QR code https://help.mews.com/s/article/enable-or-disable-qr-code-attachments-in-emails-we-send-to-guests?language=en_US

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello all,

so we talked internally and we have not come across this issue, we are still digging around.

Question - did anyone talk to Expedia and got some info? It would be good to know what they said and make the investigation easier 🕵️‍♂️ @DavidM @Sam ?

Thank you! 

Userlevel 4

Hi Marketa,

We have had many discussions with expedia and basically got to the problem that the emails are sending an attachment and the attachment format is incorrect. 

Hi @MarketaOupi

Yes, we talked with Expedia about this.

They answered me what was stated in my firsty post.

The problem seems to be the filename of the qrcode image.

@Mick, Indeed, I need this QRcode for my self c/in kiosk.

Userlevel 4

Hi @MarketaOupi 

Any luck yet with this investigation? 

Thanks,

Sam

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @DavidM 

We spoke with Expedia as well, and they confirmed that two customers are impacted by the non-unique naming of the QR codes (and one of them is you). We will address this in the upcoming development cycle, and I will share the information with you when it's ready.

@Sam , Expedia mentioned that no Generator property is affected by this issue. However, there is another problem with emails on Expedia's side, which impacts two additional customers, but neither of them is Generator. Do you have more information on which emails are affected? Could you possibly share some examples with me via private message? That would be very helpful in understanding where the problem may be.

Gabriela

Userlevel 4

Hi Gabriela,

My private messages don’t seem to be sending, can you please send me an email and I can share with you the responses we received from Expedia regarding the issue.

Thanks, 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Gabriela,

My private messages don’t seem to be sending, can you please send me an email and I can share with you the responses we received from Expedia regarding the issue.

Thanks, 

Absolutely, Sam. My email is [email protected]. 🙂

Hello @gabriela.smrckova,

Thank you for your reply and your investigation !

I’m happy to know that this is now in the dev backlog.

Feel free to contact me if you need to do some test, or anything.

David.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @gabriela.smrckova,

Thank you for your reply and your investigation !

I’m happy to know that this is now in the dev backlog.

Feel free to contact me if you need to do some test, or anything.

David.

Thank you, @DavidM, for your offer! We have an initial testing plan with Expedia set up, but in case we think additional testing could be beneficial, I may reach out to ask for your assistance. 😊