Skip to main content

Hi

I'm going live with Mews next week and would like to know how you’ve set up Expedia and Booking.

Expedia:

I’ve created all the brands as companies with travel contracts. I want to make sure that bookings made through Expedia Collect are routed properly, so the team knows that these bookings have already been paid by the guest to Expedia.

I’ve also made a special rate plan for Expedia VCC because we charge the credit card the day before arrival (we need full payment since our reception isn’t open 24/7, and guests must pay before accessing their room). The problem is that the VCC is only valid on the day of arrival. Now, I’m considering deleting this rate plan and relying on the routing for all Expedia Collect travel agents instead. I’m curious about how you set up your rate plans and routing for Expedia. Do you have separate rate plans for Expedia Packages, business rates, mobile, etc.?

Booking:

We have a mandatory cleaning fee. With Expedia, this is paid on-site (like the city tax), but with Booking.com, they charge it in the VCC, taking a commission on the cleaning fee (but not on the city tax). I can't choose what gets charged on the VCC, so the routing for Booking would include nights, city tax, and additional fees. However, if the city tax is calculated per person, it’s not charged on the VCC, because Booking.com can't process this. For one of our locations, this isn’t a problem because the city tax is per room per night. But for our other locations, where it’s per person, this could get confusing. Do you use separate rate plans for VCC reservations, mobile, genius, etc.?

Looking forward to hearing your best practices!

Emilie 

Hello @Emilie Getaway!

thank you for this  question!

Regarding Expedia, maybe @Raphael Simcic or @samoanprincess could help out, as they were answering a related question some time ago?

Thank you!