Employee User role and Permissions

• 6 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I have been attempting to limit the access front of office employees have to financial data or payment information which is both sensitive to the business and confidential. MEWS have informed me there is no way in preventing any employee who has access to changing housekeeping status to also view the financials of the business.

Please could I have some help or if anyone else is finding this as an issue. While creating different roles and users I tested this ability to view all financial information. Therefore, any user with housekeeping privilages can view any information within ‘Finance’ on the burger menu. This worries me as this is sensitive information I don’t believe Housekeeping or Front of House should have access to? 

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello @david189 

What happens when you set individual permissions and untick “Access to sensitive reports”?

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You can also take the test here for “the future of user permissions” 😉

Hi Smehia.

Thank you for helping with the above issue I have been having since March 2023. I have been speaking with MEWS support periodically and they told me they did put in a fix to disable users who have ‘Perform Housekeeping’ from seing sensitive reports. However, they then received complaints so reinstated the senstive reporting access to those who can perform housekeeping. 

I have removed access to our front of house receptionist from sensitive reports but because they can perform housekeeping, they can still see MEWS payments balance and paypout reports.

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@david189 Well that sure is strange and surely a development glitch/issue

Maybe @Aldair Borges  or @Irene Mallafre will be able to bring some light on this

Wait and see, sorry I cannot be of any bigger help

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello all! 

thank you for this question 🙌🏼

I am checking this internally, thank you for your patience! 

Hello,

Please can i have an update because I seem to still be having the issue I posted above 1 month ago.

Thank you