Skip to main content
Solved

Email Language

• 10 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello!

As far as I know, emails are always send at the preferred language of the guest. Would it be possible to always send it in English? We have our custom email and there’s important information that we want to share, but if the guest selects another language they receive the default email.

Or the only way is to create emails for all languages and copy/paste the English version?

Kind regards,

Sergi

Dear Sergi,

What is the default language of MEWS and of the Booking Engine? We had some issues in the beginning as well, but it turned out that if we inserted English as the first language it automatically sends all confirmations in English when a guest choses a languages for which we didn't make any custom email.

Not sure if this would solve your issue.

Kind regards,

Milou

I will try it! Thank you for the tip :)

Kind regards,

Sergi

Dear Sergi,

Just keep in mind that if you change the default languages of MEWS you need to add the English name as well to the rate names, products, etc. so it might be easier to start with the default language of the Booking Engine.

Good luck!

Dear Sergi,

Just keep in mind that if you change the default languages of MEWS you need to add the English name as well to the rate names, products, etc. so it might be easier to start with the default language of the Booking Engine.

Good luck!

Hi @Milou ,

I’m afraid that only applying the changes to the Booking Engine, will result in the same as the emails are sent in the language that the guest prefers.

The best practice here, at least for us, is to set the deffault language of your property to English (and add all English translations for rooms, descriptions and items). Mews will then always use English as the fall back language for your customized emails. However, if you haven’t made any customization for a certain email, mews will send the email in the preffered language of the guest.

Hi, I have a question: it’s been 2 years now that we have installed Mews and our email templates are still useless….. This is what I miss and where I don’t know if maybe this possibility exists? When sending out an offer (or a confirmation) I would like to be able to put in:

• offer valid until
  • deposit of € xxx due by
  • deposist II of € xxx due by
  • cancellation conditions

Then, when turning the offer into a confirmation, I would like Mews/the system to take over the framework conditions which were already entered in the option email (and apply them to the confirmation email).

As it is now, I find myself spending a lot of time to customizing each offer/confirmation. Is there a better way to solve this?

Thanks for your time if you can reply….

Best, Sandra

Hi, I have a question: it’s been 2 years now that we have installed Mews and our email templates are still useless….. This is what I miss and where I don’t know if maybe this possibility exists? When sending out an offer (or a confirmation) I would like to be able to put in:

• offer valid until

Then, when turning the offer into a confirmation, I would like Mews/the system to take over the framework conditions which were already entered in the option email (and apply them to the confirmation email).

As it is now, I find myself spending a lot of time to customizing each offer/confirmation. Is there a better way to solve this?

Thanks for your time if you can reply….

Best, Sandra

Hello @Sandra,

First of all, thank you for bringing up the question, and secondly, let me apologize for my delayed response. There are actually a few things you can do at the moment, and we hope to provide you with more options later this year. So, to address your questions:

• Regarding the "offer valid until" issue, it can be solved by using a placeholder with the release date '{released}' as we currently do in the Quotation template. You can find more information on this here.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have any placeholders that specifically support the following:

However, you could perhaps used as a workaround the rate description where you could list the conditions. If you used the {reservationDetailsHtml} placeholder then, it would be displayed in all the emails where you use this placeholder.

As I mentioned above, we are planning to improve our email solution later this year, including enhancements to the editor, templates, and placeholders (please note, that nothing is roadmapped yet). This would provide a better experience and more options for customization. The suggestions for placeholders is definitely valuable and will be considered for additions.

If there is something else I can help with, please, let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

Gabriela