Solved

email addresses disappearing

• 11 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello all,

Over the past few weeks, we've been experiencing consistent issues with the email addresses disappearing at the point of customer checkout, when we make the invoice. We've had to manually re-enter the email addresses every time in order to send the customer their invoice via email. Additionally, there have been instances where the email address has disappeared from the customer's sheet as well, but not always.

We're unsure as to whether this is a bug in the program or if customers are deleting their own email addresses from their customer sheet. Could you please investigate this matter?

I've attached an example of a customer record where the email address was disappeard,

as well as an example of an invoice where the email address has disappeared.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Best ragards Robin 

icon

Best answer by MatthiasH 11 April 2023, 17:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @barb00sa Robin, 

We've noticed the same thing. The issue is with the ID scan function in Mews. When you scan an ID, the email field is empty, so when you save, the email on file is deleted (still visible in the action log). Our current work around is to first copy the email, then scan the ID and then adding the email again.

A ticket has been created by us and Mews is treating this as a very high priority ticket. However, i would suggest that you create a ticket as well so mews has new examples. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @barb00sa and @MatthiasH !

Thank you for raising this issue in the Community! 🌟

I checked the discussion between the support and developers team around this and I am happy to let you know, that this issue is being prioritized.

Matthias is right, the issue comes comes from the scanner feature.

I do not have an exact date, but once this is fixed, we will let you know! 🍀

We do understand this bug must be quite annoying, so I am putting this on my watch list to monitor the progress 👀

Thank you for your patience and hope you had a great Easter! 🐣

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that your team was able to assist you with our issue and that the development team is working on a solution, and we hope you had a great Easter too!